Award winning photographer, economist and humanitarian activist. Born 1962 in Princeton, New Jersey, USA.
As a photographer, Abouzeid applies the same empathic, photo realistic vision to Blues Musicians (A Year of Blues, 2010), Bedouin Tribes (Being Bedouin, 2009), MidEast Peace (My Enemy My Brother, 2007) and Renaissance portrait reinterpretations.(The New New World, 2012). For his work and initiatives, M ark has received important recognition including that of the Italian National Association of Professional Photographers in 2008 and an Award for Peace by the Region of Puglia for the exhibit “My Enemy My Brother”.
Abouzeid recently curating the exhibit/events “Il Nuovo Nuovo Mondo…Non Sono Clandestino in Palazzo Vecchio’s Sala d’Arme (June 2012)
- “Il Nuovo Nuovo Mondo” multimedia exhibit and concert, Organizer & Principal Artist, Palazzo Vecchio, Firenze, June 2012
- “Bedouin Aid Benefit Concert”, Organizer & Principal Artist, Casa della Creatività, Firenze, January 2011
- “Anch’Io Sono Beduino”, Photographic exhibit, Bedouin Heritage Project, Firenze, November 2010
- "A Year of Blues / Un Anno del Blues" photographic exhibit and concert, Firenze, October 2010
- ”Being Bedouin, the Bedu of Wadi Rum”, National Geographic Flagship Store, London, UK, November 2009
- Finalist, Premiofotografico 2009. Associazione di Fotografi Professionisti, Milano, November 2009
- Featured exhibit, “Down and out in Madrid”, SocialDocumentary.net, USA, Settember 2009
- “UNESCO & the Bedouin Heritage Project”, TheDarkroom Academy, Firenze, April 2009
- 3rd Place, Future of Journalism Competition, Publish 2.0, USA, February 2009
- Featured Professional, Premiofotografico 2008. Associazione di Fotografi Professionisti, Milano, November 2008
- Peace Prize, "My Enemy My Brother", Regione di Puglia, Andria, July 2007