First Round: Curated + Community Voting
The first round consists of two parts: the community vote and the curated vote. Anyone with a valid
Saatchi Art account is able to participate in the community vote. All valid entries will be randomly
displayed an equal number of times during the community vote and each work will be voted on a scale of 1
(lowest) to 5 (highest). A total of 300 submissions will progress to the next round including:
- 128 submissions with highest votes will progress
Second Round: Juried Voting
A jury, selected by Saatchi Art and led by Rebecca Wilson, Director of the Saatchi Gallery, London,
will review the 128 semi-finalists. Of those 300:
- submissions selected by our professional jury will
move on to the final round
Final Round: Judge
A judge selected by Saatchi Art will select the winner and runner-up of our Showdown 1.
- The winner will receive US $1000
- The runner up will receive US $500
- The winning works will go on to display at the Saatchi Gallery in London.