Tai-Meng Lim (Malaysian, born 1976) started painting at the tender age of ten. His curiosity and passion for the arts lead him to experiment with various methods and mediums. Growing up from a humble family background, most of his experiences then of arts and paintings were self-taught. This would eventually become the very foundation necessary to kick start his creative journey and in 1993, he was honoured with scholarship programs for his participation in the National Art Scholarship Competition.
He graduated from the Malaysian Institute of Art in Graphic Design in 1997 and began working professionally in the advertising industry. Being a dedicated individual and somewhat of a perfectionist, he focused his efforts into his career till 2011. Picking up the paintbrush again felt nostalgic and Tai-Meng rekindled that inner joy for painting he had discovered as a child. Paying heed to that calling, he started pursuing opportunities to create as a freelance fine-art artist.
Tai-Meng Lim understands that there are unlimited possibilities as well as endless variations that can be explored throughout his journey as an artist and the creative process that comes with it. He tirelessly plays with various techniques to produce and bring to reality his concepts and ideas. He aspires to capture the essence and beauty of moments that inspires him so via the stroke techniques and the natural hues used for his paintings. Nothing would be of greater joy to him than to be able to convey through his work that ‘There is art in nature, and nature in art’.
• The 5th International Junior Design Competition 93, presented by Pentel (M) Sdn Bhd - Consolation
• National Art Scholarship Competition 93, organized by Malaysian Institute of Art - Scholarship Winner
• National Art Scholarship Competition 93, organized by Central Academy of Art - Semi Scholarship Winner
• Top 10 Excellence Art & Design - The Golden Compass Award 93, organized by The One Academy of Communication - Consolation
• National Graphic Design Poster Competition 94, organized by Central Academy of Art - 1st Prize (Group B)