View In A Room
Add to Favorites
Collage: Photo, Digital, Paint, New Media, Manipulated on Paper.
LUST (Tinder, Grindr, Dating & Hook-up Apps) - an inordinate craving for the pleasures of the body (fornication) - sexual desire, such as desiring sex with a person outside marriage. (Dante's definition was "excessive love of others," and this reduced the love that a person could give God). A very modern interpretation for the Facebook generation.
I have recently been rummaging through a whole load of my archive images from the past few years. These images were elements, background tests and ideas for different series and compositions. I quite like the simplicity of some of these so I am now releasing selected artworks as editions in their own right. This test composition was originally part of the Jack Smith** 'Seven Deadly Sins' (Too Blind To See) and 'Bosched' Series or artworks. Signed as Stewart**
Surreal Pop Art, Abstract Expressionist Digital Photographic Collage and Digital over-painting including 50's photos and details from the right-hand panel of 'The Garden of Earthly Delights' (Hell) - Part of the Bosched* Series of artworks.
All Gallery Editions are hand-signed by the artist personally and include a unique Certificate of Authenticity.**
• Type: Fine-Art Print
• Medium: Giclée
• Materials: 100% Cotton Hahnemühle Photorag
• A1 Special Gallery Edition of only 6
• A1: approx* 84 x 59cms (33x 23 inches)
• Image at approx. 85% paper size
• This artwork is sold unframed
• Includes Certificate of Authenticity
Artwork will be shipped rolled in a secure tube.
Czar Catstick (**TENCC) - Saatchi Art, Artist of the Day, March 2018
* This is the modern title given to the triptych painted by the Early Netherlandish master Hieronymus Bosch, housed in the Museo del Prado in Madrid since 1939). Full of symbolism, these images are composed against details from the third right hand panel illustrating scenes from Hell.
** Stewart - Working as The Emperor's New Clothes Collective @BigFatArts Gallery - including Jack Smith, Czar Catstick, Hertz Van Wental and Baxter Cane
Deadly Sins: Bosch Abstractions - (from a Series of Seven, 2018) - Special Editions.
Artist featured by Saatchi Art in a collection