View In A Room
Add to Favorites
Photography: Color, Digital, Full spectrum on Paper, Soft (Yarn, Cotton, Fabric).
Right in the centre of the third largest city in China are several urban villages, like open air time capsules, locked in by greedy new developments and poor city planning. Wall-to-wall with gigantic new shopping malls and skyscrapers access to these rural villages is throughout narrow gaps between new towers that allow the last remaining residents come and go. Inside, chickens, ducks and dogs run free, small patches of vegetables are still being grown and small stalls selling locally grown fruit and vegetables still thrive in these bizarre self-sufficient urban farms hiding just behind ultra modern avenues and glitzy new office towers.
Living conditions are precarious and most houses still have outbuildings as toilets.
Early morning in one of the many labyrinthine alleyways inside the walled old urban villages of Guangzhou. China
Part of a Limited Edition of 25
- Signed Certificate of Authenticity with Edition Number.
- Printed on Hahnemühle Photo Rag Paper (308g/m²) one of the most robust papers from Hahnemühle, made of 100% cotton and has a soft, fine texture.
- This luxurious gallery standard paper has a matte surface.
- Premium K3 pigment print technology ensures the very finest tonality, even the minutest details are visible and details appear much clearer than with traditional prints
- 100-year luminosity; Colours of this Hahnemühle Fine Art Premium print will look just as good as the original, even after 100 years.
- With a 2 cm white border for easy framing
- The gallery standard print comes rolled inside a hard tube
protected with bubble wrap and acid free paper and shipped inside a cardboard box
Framed or Aluminium Dibond mounting is also available, contact the artist for details
Artist featured by Saatchi Art in a collection