View In A Room
Add to Favorites
VIEW IN MY ROOM
Printmaking: Manipulated on Other.
'Dictators TM' is a group of Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini, Mao Zedung and Franco, digitally assembled 'Naked Stalin' painting series, produced as 48-sheet billboard.
'The 20th Century Dictators' (2002-2007) is a series of paintings, floor adhesive prints, posters, wallpaper and textile design, billboard, and animation that explores the images of naked Hitler, Mussolini, Franco, Mao Zedong and Stalin in contemporary context going beyond the historical or documentary analysis. The animation 'Christ is Not an Aryan' was screened on Europe’s largest digital screen in 2007 on top of the Axel Springer Building and was dabbed as “one of three things to see in Berlin” by Bild newspaper (Germany) and BZ Magazine (Germany) at the time of the screening. 'Siamese Twins' painting featured as ‘The Image of the Week' in The Times' Art Review. The ‘Full Figures’ paintings (painted in oil on 4mm plywood board and sanded down) featured in the literary magazine Der Freund (Germany) in December 2005. For the series the artist was named the 'Critic's Choice' by Saatchi Online in 2007. The series was exhibited at Crone Gallery in Berlin in 2007.
The series; artworks are to be exhibited in 6 environs:
• Environ 1: Full length life-size paintings of naked Hitler, Mussolini, Mao Zedong, Stalin, and Franco,
• Environ 2: ‘Heads’, floor-adhesive vinyl prints and 48-sheet billboard 'Dictators TM’
• Environ 3: ‘Torsos’, posters
• Environ 4: 'Limbs Compositions' prints, accompanied by organic sounds activated by motion-sensing technology
• Environ 5: 'Group Portrait' wallpaper that covers the walls of this environ space. Environ 5 also contains the animation ‘Christ is not an Aryan’ and the double portraits
• Environ 6: 'Memorabilia Shop' where audience ‘buys into' the dictators.
Artist featured by Saatchi Art in a collection