Please Note: I will cease selling my art on this platform in late January 2021, the bureaucracy of selling here is no longer sustainable for a self employed artist.
After a successful military and engineering career from 1981 to 2013 is now a full-time artist.
Karl specialises in painting on leather and is inspired by detail, technical accuracy and innovative materials with portraiture, wildlife and figurative work his preferences.
A designer and artist of exclusive leather accessory artwork for UK fashion houses
With a background as a professional Engineer with a BSc(Hons) in Technology, Karl takes a practical and innovative approach to constantly developing the aesthetic, techniques, materials and pushing the technical boundaries of his artwork.
His specialism is painting on leather, this work has been exhibited across the UK and in the USA.
A self-taught artist. Has developed a unique process and style in the use of leather as a medium and a paint finish on artwork that is robust for use on leather jackets etc without degradation - the paint finish can out-last the useful life of the garment/accessory.
BSc(Hons) in Technology and was a practising engineer for 31 years. His art education has been based on occasional courses at West Dean College near Chichester but regards himself as a self-taught artist/sculptor.
Karl is a regular and experienced fine art exhibitor at UK and overseas exhibitions. See the Events and Exhibition area for details. His first solo show was in the USA in 2013.
UK Newbury contemporary art fair April
UK other art fairs and exhibitions when they open
UK Newbury Contemporary Art Fair - cancelled
IWM Duxford Battle of Britain airshow September
UK Windsor Contemporary Art Fair November
Other art/lifestyle events if/when they become available.
Newbury Contemporary Art Fair
Cosford Air Show
Flying Legends, Duxford
Herefordshire Art Week
1. Surrey Contemporary Art Fair, Sandown Racecourse, Esher, Surrey 24 - 25 February 2018 with a Private View on Friday 23 February.
Contact me for free tickets to the Private View.
2. Reading Contemporary Art Fair 21 - 22 April 2018. I have tickets for the Private View on Friday 20 April and '2 for 1' discount tickets for entry on the Saturday and Sunday. Please get in touch if you want some.
3. Bath Art Fair, Norton St Philip 12 - 13 May 2018 - I will have free tickets for the Private View on the evening of Friday 11 May so please get in touch if you would like to me reserve some for you.
4. Armed Forces Art Society, Menier Gallery London 19 - 23 June
5. Legends at Duxford 14 - 15 July primarily with the leather jacket artwork but will have a selection of fine art, cards and prints (awaiting results of application)
6. Art in the Pen, Skipton 11 - 12 August (pending confirmation)
7. H. Art in Herefordshire 8 - 16 September -
Windsor Contemporary Art Fair November
Currently planning 4 shows, fewer than in 2018 due to a significant increase in commission work.
It was a very busy year
Visit my website for the latest details:
Oxford International Art Fair 26-28 Feb
Kickback Motorcycle show 16-17 April (Jacket Art)
Reading Contemporary Art Fair 23-24 April
Palace Art Fest Hereford 29 Apr-01 May
AFAS 82 Annual Exhibition, Mall Galleries, London 11-16 July
Windsor Contemporary Art Fair 12-13 Nov
Windsor Contemporary Art Show 13-15 November
Solo Exhibition, Old Mayors Parlour, Church Street, Hereford 22 Aug - 5 Sep
AFAS 81st Annual Exhibition, Mall Galleries, London
Art Fair East: Norwich 5-7 June
Armed Forces Art Society (Mall Galleries) 14 - 19 July 2014
Parallax 10 Art Fair, Chelsea, London 26 & 27 July 2014
(Permanent selection) at Hepplestone Fine Art, Heskin, Lancashire
(Permanent selection) at 'Gallery25', 25 Church Street, Hereford, England
(Permanent selection) at Tim Hawkins Gallery, Bartestree, Hereford, England
Untitled Artists Fair, Chelsea May 30 -01 June 2014
Palace Art Fest (Bishop's Palace) Hereford 23 May - 01 June 2014
Leather Art Exhibition in USA 21 June 2013 - 05 January 2014
Armed Forces Art Society (Mall Galleries) 17-23 July 2013
Palace Art Fest (Bishop's Palace) Hereford 2013
Herefordshire Art Week 'Old Mayor's Parlour' exhibit