What is it really between the roots and the sky?
That’s the question I am trying to answer to.
I am born to a Cameroonian mother and a Franco-italian father. And since childhood I experimented with what is called cross-breeding. I’ve evolved into this fuzzy identity and I embodied a form of "gray"…
The quest of self-knowledge in difference, the physical inability to belong to a “ dominant group”, and sometimes the feeling of illegitimacy in front of the others, were triggers in my interest in art.
Creation enabled me to express myself free, unfettered or prejudiced.
Through my artistic practice and introspection, I made inner journeys, looking for what constitutes me as a Woman. I’ve been looking for all the colors that live in my intimacy.
For this I had to encounter the symbolic figures of my ancestors.
My art is a reflection on my own origins and multiculturalism.
I am looking for an introspective vocabulary, not attached to physical attributes and to embodiment. It is more about our inner condition as human beings.
My researches around traditions, rites of animist cultures, allow me to build intercultural bridges to create intimate mappings, to evoke inner landscapes.
Because I think the simple social and historical constructions related to our birth are not enough to define us.
And I want to celebrate the multiplicity of being.
2001-2006 : Ecole de Design Strate, Paris. Master Degree of Industrial Design, with Jury Congratulations
1993-2001 : Fine Arts Museum of Pau – Training in academic drawing, painting and fine arts.
- Invited by Design Academy Eindhoven, Netherlands, for a lecture on the "Imaginary Identities" project
- "Blue Landscape" artwork is chosen by the Elysée Palace and exhibited at the G7 Biarritz Summit
Design of Champagne Jacquart showroom for Paris Design Week
Invited by Monaco Luxepack to be part of the lecturers
- Godmother of the 2017 Jacquart Design Trophy, Paris Design Week
- Design of Champagne Jacquart showroom, City of Fashion & Design, Paris Design Week
- Laureate of Jacquart Design Trophy first edition, Paris Design Week
- Collective Exhibition Paris Design Week, Now!Le Off
- Collective exhibition , Escales du Design, Bordeaux
Solo show - Chamber of Commerce & Industry, Pyrénées Atlantiques, France
Toronto Fashion Week - fashion show of my Marthe Aimé brand creations
- «Horizons», exhibition of 7 woven artworks, Biarritz, France