I was born in Le Vigan, small town in the South of France. I studied at the Universty of Montpellier Pharmacy and Medecine. I owe to Marc Dautry, classic engraver and sculptor (Montauban), to have been very early initiated to the field of Art. Later I met the surrealist painter, Bernard Louedin (Trebeurden), and developped a passion for this movement. I live and work now in Haute-Savoie near Annecy (France) and Geneva (Switzerland). At first glance my activity as Dr in medical biology did not predispose me to the practice of collage and photomontage if not my passion for Art,photography, surrealism, specially Man Ray, Dora Maar, Lee Miller, Max Ernst, Magritte and Hannah Hoch. My meeting with Josephine Sacabo, american photographer, was decisive; she introduced me to this art, and incited me to "always shift forward the reality". And this the way each of my collages is inspired by transposing fragments of live, where feelings, fantasies, and personal concerns are mingled. Beyond the resear that each project involves (magazines of art or photography, newspapers, photos, advertisings), beyond the time splent for realizig the work, beyond aesthetic concerns, the final result often emerges from these contengencies, and escape from the original idea, to become another, only remains the sincerity.
- University of Montpellier (7 years after graduation)
- Masterclass of photography during the "Rencontres
Internationales de la Photographie" in Arles (France) with several artists:
- Josephine Sacabo (USA: New Orleans & New York)
- Craig Koshick (Canada: Winnipeg)
- Alberto Garcia-Alix (Spain: Madrid)
- Keiichi Tahara (Japan & Paris)
- Several books (Moleskine edtions) the last two are available on line on my Facebook.
- 2018 : "Alain Clement - Collages 2017"
- 2018 : "Flagrant Désir" in collaboration with the artist "Natacha Est Gauchère: NEG " (Collages: NEG & AC, texts: NEG)
- 2008 Biennale of Photography of Versonnex (France, near Geneva), (collective exhibition)
- Unusual photographs of Venice (Italy)
- Unusual photographs of Geneva (Switzerland)
- 2012 Biennale of Photography of Versonnex, (collective exhibition)
- Arles and bullfighting (Collages & photomontages)
- Revisited Artworks (Collages & photomontages)