Janet Greco is an American visual artist based in Barcelona.
Born in Camden, New Jersey, 1959, she first began documenting the urban and suburban landscapes around New Jersey in 1980 as a photojournalism student at Temple University where she majored in Radio-TV-and-Film.
Janet has studied with several masters including Mary Ellen Mark, Platon and master printer Gene Nocon, among others. She has a very large archive of US and European film negatives (from 1980 to the present) and a very large catalog of digital images dating back to 2003.
As a photographer she has been shooting since 1980, started exhibiting in 2006, and having just completed a master´s degree in photography and design, she is only now fully coming out of the closet.
Elisava, Barcelona School of Design and Engineering, M.A. in Photography and Design, 2016.
Temple University. BA. Communications 1981.
• Atlantic City: Los ochenta de Trump – (8th March to 30th April 2016) – at Or Verd, 158 Diputació, Barcelona, Spain. (Enticement: Donald Trump and the 80s Transformation of Atlantic City)
• Spirit of the Pines: Ghost Towns of the Pinelands –- at Ocean County Library, Long Beach Island (June 2007) and Waretown, NJ (August 2007)
• (re) Visiones - Student Group Show, Elisava Master Fotografía (25 May – 16 September 2016) in collaboration with the Vila Casas Foundation. The show offers a multi-disciplinary, contemporary visual approach that takes into account the physical presence of the body and exploring the architecture and pictorial collection of the Can Framis Museum.
• Fragments – Student Group Show, Elisava Master Fotografía (2 June – 30 July 2016) at Centre Civic Pati Llimona, and part of DocField16, “Europe: Lost in Translation”. the show uses archive images to address collective memory, scraps of history and how we have become specators of a fragmented Europe in transition.
• Mirada(s) – Student Group Show, Elisava Master Fotografía (11 March – 30 April 2016) – at the Sport Club CEM Colóm, Barcelona.
• Pinelands: Life and Legends – (January 30 – September 13, 2015) – Noyes Museum, Oceanville, New Jersey – The exhibition revisits the work and play life of the New Jersey Pinelands. Featured photo: Albert Music Hall.
• Weird NJ Exhibition – (October 2009 – February 2010) – Noyes Museum, Oceanville, New Jersey, featured artist with three large photographs in the show.
• Nissan Design Europe / East Meets West film in association with the photo collective, Sojournposse, during London Design Week (September 2009) and The Story of Books –¨Memory Loss¨ film with poet Hamish Low (December 2011).
• NJ Summer Arts Annual – (April 2007) – at the Noyes Museum, Oceanville, NJ. Featured photo: “Forsythe Reserve”, panorama.
• Toms River Artists Collective Group Show – (March 2007) – Geis Gallery, Lakewood, NJ
• Loma Linda University Cancer Research Center, Riverton CA, commissioned by Aesthetics Inc. San Diego (January 2008 and May 2008).
• Atlanticare Regional Medical Center, Atlantic City, New Jersey, (October 2007) 18 photographs for permanent display at the new medical center.
• Winner of the Official Prize for the poster for the equestrian fiestas, Festes de Sant Joan, Ciutadella de Menorca, Balearic Islands, Spain (May 2008).