Kira Behnert is an international mixed media artist based in London. Her works are contrast-rich, optimistic expressions of her experience of the world: from childhood in Germany, years of study abroad, to her life now in cosmopolitan London. An enthusiasm for travel and discovery of different cultures – places and people – has created a passion to embrace differences – in life and in her works.
Deeply influenced by the ideology ‘anything is possible’ not matter what life throws at you, her paintings radiate a relentless curiosity and youthful adventurousness. She aims to push her painterly works towards abstraction, leaving works deliberately open-ended and intriguing to the viewer. Intuitive layers of paint, collage, and mark making in her mixed media works reflect a balancing act of real – often harsh – and dreamlike vision. In every piece she aims to pass on a feeling of spontaneity, enjoying the moment, embracing life.
• MA, Royal Academy of Arts, London
• Art Diploma, Putney School of Art & Design, London
• Various classes at London’s prestigious Art schools,
Upcoming Contemporary Arts Fair Surrey September 24-26, 2021, stand 92/93
• Will’s Art Gallery, Group Exhibition, London, August 2019
• Putney School of Art, Group Exhibition, London, July 2019
• Design Art Concepts, Group Exhibition, Miami USA, July 2019
• Design Art Concepts, Group Exhibition, Miami USA, Nov/Dec 2018
• Open House Art Exhibition, Richmond/SW London, June 2017
• Open House Art Exhibition, Richmond/SW London, June 2016