I am a French plastic Artist, ceramist, who creates sculptures in porcelain clay.
" Still inspired by nature, between vegetal and mineral; I’m moving closer to nature and I feel I need to understand what it’s made of, its rhythms, its vitality, but in the same time, its degeneration. I’m looking for movement, the breeze, rain imprints, the heat of the sun, the brightness of waves, sea spray, the hardness and suppleness of the earth, the stillness of water and its energy. I am looking for, searching for, the emotion of living things.
"My latest pieces are the result of work and research on materials, textures, traces or scars which personalize us, and which shape us.
A way to observe our universe, and our own nature ... "
WHERE DO MY CREATIONS COME FROM?
They start with a feeling, a vision of something, a detail, a thought, a word, a sound, even a breath of air. Everything is soft, furtive; thoughts abound, intensify, run, move around. They are in the back of my mind ready to surface whenever they are, always suddenly, always instantly.
One idea, one image leads to another even more detailed and other thoughts, textures, scents or smells, a feast for the senses waken ; effervescence takes over, and I experience a states of wonder strong enough powerful, enough to wake me up, make me stop doing everything else in order to draw those imaginary moments, which are creative, stimulating, exciting and a little frightening by their power, their liveliness. It's the current of a wave that is coming from far, pulling everything with it, a flowing memory and then breaking on the shore violently or peacefully but always concentrated.
Creation starts here.
THE CLAY AND ME
And this idea, this sensation materializes on paper: any paper, a notebook, the last pages of a book, a shopping list or a little Metro ticket; but the urgency is there.
I don't want to forget it, I have to draw a few pencil strokes without erasing them.
It is the very first rough draft, an imprint. It's the beginning, probably a new piece to be born. I keep it in me somewhere, always at the back of my mind. It has already left its imprint.
Then the day comes, when, in front of my table, the idea has to sprout, grow, bloom, become. The impatience is still there, to such an extent that I always take a loaf of clay with me during my stays in Brittany in case the idea suddenly flows from my fingertips.
Seated at my table, my boards and my small tools at hand, two bowls, one with water and the other with slurry on my right side, no, on my left, under the lights of my two workshop lamps, I get to work, to the sounds of my music always there. It's a magic moment, alone in front of this humid loaf of clay, my drawing not so far away, just in case, but I'm not looking at it. That's how this greige loaf of clay, humid and smelly for some, taken out of its plastic, comes to life. My hands, my fingers, my arms seem guided. I create my piece, I give it its shape, I mold and pummel it, scratch it and even tear it up. It's soft, sometimes joyous, happy or even violent, brutal.
We know each other very well. The clay is just as alive as I am, but sometimes with a nasty temper. If I don't respect it, it'll have its own way... maybe even take revenge!
It's a dialogue, a conversation between the two of us.
This clay acts a lot like me..."
-Studies at the Cité de la Céramique de Sévres : Porcelain décor
-Studies with a French Ceramist artist
- My New worshop in Brittany - in July
Here is a beautiful event ... my dream comes true with the installation of my new workshop in Brittany next July. Located in an old farmhouse adjoining my Breton house from 1850 ... More space to work, a unique place between land and sea. An inspiring place which I hope will allow me to realize new and different international projects.
EXHIBITIONS AND DIFFUSION :
- Galerie Hayazaki "Buttons" - Paris - FRANCE
- Exhibition "Buttons" galerie AC Tokyo - JAPON
- The Douai School of Art - France
- World Craft Council - Mons - Belgique
- Museum «La Piscine" de Roubaix- France
- "L’Envers du décor" - Ancienne Nonciature de Bruxelles-Belgium
- Pavillon Dauphine - Paris - France
- «Oh my Cabinet» - Assouline House - London - GREAT BRITAiN
- Plazza Athènée - Maison Parisienne «Etoiles filantes» - Paris - FRANCE
- Menus Plaisirs - Caroline Freymond - Gstaad- SWITZERLAND
- Museum of Luxembourg Paris - selected pieces for the - Fantin Latour exhibition - Sept 2016/Fev.2017-FRANCE
- Paris Artists - Paris-FRANCE
- 107 Rivoli - Musée des Arts Décoratifs - Paris - FRANCE
- Van Gogh Fondation - Arles - FRANCE
- Diabolo - Hô-Chi-Minh-Ville - VIETNAM
- Prioritet - Moscou - RUSSIE
- Château de Vascoeuil - FRANCE
- Château de Champ de Bataille - Jacques Garcia - FRANCE
- Niasca- Portofino - ITALY
- Galerie Pierre : PRINCIPAUTE DE MONACO
- LJ cross - New York - USA
- Sotre - New Orleans - USA
- 2017 : Révélations - Grand Palais - Paris - France
- Galerie Isabelle Delannoy - Marché Dauphine - Paris
- Galere Lionelle Courbet - Paris
-2018 -Work for CHAUMET PARIS(piece diam.80 for the boutique)
- Exposition - Anne WilLI_PARIS 6
-Biennale de la Céramique de Sèvres - ART CERAM - SEVRES
- Le lavoir Céramique Clamart France
- Exhibition "Signatures" Maison de Champagne Venoge-Epernay France
Exhibition St Germain en Laye - May - France
ParisArtistes#19- exposition Espace Commines - Sept
Galerie Ad Luminem - Clichy personnal exhibition « Variations Naturelles/natural variations »Oct/Nov.
Paris Design Week - Paris - Janv.20
Selected at the exhibition of Musée des Arts Décoratifs de Berlin - Allemagne- Avril/Mai (Annulée/reporté cause Covid)
Biennale de la céramique et du verre ARTCERAM - Sévres-24 Septembre- 11 Oct.
Portes Ouvertes/Open doors of my workshop Paris 16e - Oct.
- New worshop in Brittany-July
- Paris Design week - sept.
- Open doors in the 16th - Paris - Oct.