Isabel Roelandts Fischer
About Isabel Roelandts Fischer
I was born in Zaire in 1961. I spent my early childhood in Africa, and my middle and high school in France. I left Aix-en-Provence 14 years ago to live abroad with my husband and kids I use mostly my fingers to paint. My mediums are oil and acrylic paints, paper and inks, and whatever I find interesting to add to my canvas. I work layer by layer: a lot of my work lays underneath. I sometimes paint or write things on the canvas just to have them there, before covering them up. I leave my canvases on my walls for months (hopefully I'll always have enough room!) and suddenly I decide that they are ready. I travel a lot and take a lot of pictures which gives me inspiration for my next work.
- Bac artistique in Aix en Provence, France.
- 2 years in Beaux Arts,Toulon, France.
- Ecole supérieure d'art moderne, Paris, France.
- Union centrale des Arts décoratifs, Paris, France.
- September 2013: exhibition at the Koi Art Gallery, in Jakarta, Indonesia
- March 2010 : exhibition at the Grand Hyatt, Doha, Qatar
- March 2009: exhibition in Bangsar Village, Kuala-Lumpur, Malaysia
- May 2008: exhibition at the Alliance Française, Kuala-Lumpur
- June 2007: exhibition at Kebun Minpi Gallery, in Kuala-Lumpur
- September 2004: exhibition of paintings and collages on tea boxes in Yamate Cho, in Yokohama, Japan
- Collective exibition in Bonny, Port Harcourt, Nigeria