About Christophe Mercier
- Photo: a good moment, 1st painting sold on Saatchi Art (it is maybe easier to paint than to pack a painting correctly for shipping!) - Born April 1947 married 2 children, 3 grand children. - Graduated in economics, then swiss banker in private banking from 1974 to 2008. - Started drawing in travel sketchbooks (self taught) at the age of 48 in 1995, and painting much later in 2008 at the age of 61! - Also "urban sketcher", link hereunder
- Art school Ceruleum, Lausanne, 3 years twice a week, professor Fabienne Voegli-Bidiville.
- 2 workshops of 1 week each at La Distylerie Filambule-Ecole d'Arts, Fleurville, France with painter DoDe Lambert.
Participation in some showdowns of Saatchi Online,
- 2011 : Collage with "Pour Survivre",
- 2012 : Abstract with "My left foot", Surreal with "Halloween", Places & Spaces with "My mental place 1" (gone through the 1st round)
- 2013 : In living colours with "Fenêtre sur coeur 1", Back to Nature with "Back to Nature!", Painted Faces with "Profils, lessives et drapeaux de prières"
- Painting "La fontaine à palabres" selected in collection "New This Week 11-04-2013" curated by Rebecca Wilson.
- 2014 :
- In glorious colour with "La fontaine à palabres"
- Painting "EP4" featured by Rebecca Wilson in the Abstract Art Now Collection on Saatchi Art's homepage, Feb. 11th 2014, sold Dec. 2014
Collective exhibition "Flon Memory", Lausanne Nov. 2009 with "Sous le Flon le Flon".