I’m Vilgeniy Melnikov, founder of the OfelyArt experimental sculpture studio. My studio is based in Russia, St. Petersburg.
Ofelyart this is my main activity. To fully immerse yourself in the creative process, I built a residence Ofelyart home in the forest 100 kilometers from the city. It has everything you need to live with your family, a large workshop and a lot of space for creativity and for my experiments with metal, I need fresh air. Both small forms and fairly large ones are created here. My technology allows you to create multi-meter monumental objects.
I studied at the Academy of mechanical engineering, where I learned the features and physical properties of metal. Combining this knowledge with the knowledge of a private art school, I conduct research in the field of shaping experimental objects.
I have been looking for this style for 10 years. The task was to find a way of shaping in which you can solve any shape and volume (fill an unlimited volume space) and at the same time leave a moment of I studied at the Academy of mechanical engineering, where I learned the features and physical properties of metal. Combining this knowledge with the knowledge of a private art school, I conduct research in the field of shaping experimental objects.
chance, that is, something alive. So in my technique of inflating metal, I can control the shape by 85-90%, and 10-15% are formed by themselves, the natural and mechanical laws of residual deformation of the yield strength of the metal. Moreover, the technology allows you to create work of very large sizes and you can work with any space, and filling an existing space with a form like sound is a very interesting and endless direction of movement.
– Music festival - "Systo Solar 2012" / objects: "Big Fish", "Floating gate", "Crocodile-Rastaman", etc.
- Kronstadt Eco-art festival - "Kronfest 2012" /kinetic sculpture "Dialog"
- Festival of contemporary art in Pushkin - " FORCE 2012"
- International Architectural festival (Archstoyanie project) - "Catastrophe 2012" / object " Time"
- Design festival " Design Week 2013"
- International landscape design festival "Imperial gardens of Russia 2013"
- Festival of contemporary art "GEEK pecnik 2013 "sculpture" Awakening"
- International festival of author's cinema "OPEN CINEMA 2013" kinetic sculpture " Flight of thought"
- Participation in the festival "FREEmarket" St. Petersburg / seminar " Free swimming"
– Music festival - "Systo Solar 2014" /creating art objects in the style of Tensegrity
- Participation In the festival of synthesis of arts "Cross Art" Erarta / 2014
- Encore Cinema festival 2014 / Peter and Paul Fortress beach/2014
- Experience of Loca project Indonesia 2015
- Festival "Nobel" 1.0
- Festival "Nobel" 2.0 2016
- Geek picknik festival 2016
- Participation in the creation of the GAMMA 2016 music festival / installations
- LIFE Picnik festival 2016/Central sculpture "Aspiration»
- Curator of the GAMMA 2017 festival/installations
- Festival "Animalistika" Art play 2018
- GAMMA festival 2019/chicken bone installation
- Gallery Markov / exhibition of light / 2010
- Pushkinskaya 10 / exhibition of painting, graphics and sculpture - "Week without the Internet" / 2012
- Museum of Contemporary Art "Erarta" / exposition "Dream" / 2012
- Museum of Contemporary Art "Erarta" / project Social Networks - installation of MAS'i / 2012
- Gallery "TsI Nevsky 8" / exhibition of kinetic sculptures - "Petersburg" / 2013
- Gallery "TsI Nevsky 8" / exhibition of experimental design-
“Light, image, form” / 2013
- Union of Artists of St. Petersburg / Project "Zooculture" / 2013
- Mikhail Shemyakin Foundation / project "Children in Art" - installation "Wind" / 2013
- Museum of urban sculpture / object "Ears in the rye" / 2013
- The Mikhail Shemyakin Foundation project "Blurred Image in Art" / installation "Don Quixote" / 2013
- Gallery "TsI Nevsky 8" / exposition "Animal games" / 2014
-Project of young artists "Wind of Wanderings" / exposure Touch / 2014
-Design Week 2014 / Exhibition "Art of Light" / 2014
-Ekoforum with the support of the government of St. Petersburg / 2014
-Gallery "Open workshops" at Ligovsky 54 / personal exhibition "Touch" / 2014
-Art MU-MU Garbage Museum / permanent exhibitor / shadow installations, Duck objects, Shot Bunny, City installation / 2016
-Gallery “Anna Nova” joint project with Stas Bugs “Razzl Dazzle” installation “Guillotine and Void” SPb / 2016
-Museum StreetArt SAMfair exhibition "Footprints in the Snow 1.3" 2019