D. Keith Furon was born in 1952, in Los Angeles, California, and currently resides in Phoenix, Arizona. His work is included in the permanent collections of the Kinsey Institute Grunwald Art Gallery and the Boulder Museum of Contemporary Art. D. Keith's work is his message. He looks for the unexpected, for images that others haven't seen before. His images are infused with a refined sense of composition and aesthetic. And blended with a sensual and powerful spirit. He captures the essence within the subject.
The artists latest book, "Conversations With Light" is now available in bookstores and online through Amazon.com: https://www.amazon.com/Conversations-Light-D-Keith-Furon/dp/0578627337/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=d.+keith+furon&qid=1581702106&s=books&sr=1-2
He studied at University of California at Berkeley, Edison State University, University of Arizona, and has a Master of Fine Art degree from National University. He has exhibited in major cities across the United States including Los Angeles, Chicago and New York. He has also exhibited in widely throughout Europe.
D. Keith Furon has evolved photographic art in his Crafted Works series. These unique photographic art pieces are hand manipulated into three-dimensional, deconstructed pieces of sculpted art. Then the one-of-a-kind artworks are suspended in shadow box frames. The original photographic image used in a Crafted Works piece will never be used or printed again.
Each piece is unique and there is only one that will ever exist.
• "Celebration of Life" – Nikki Beach Club 20th Anniversary Worldwide Exhibition
St. Tropez, France: May 2018
• Seattle Erotic Art Festival – Seattle Center Exhibition Hall Seattle, Washington: April, 2018
• Sky & Water – bG gallery, Santa Monica,
California. February 2017.
• Seattle Erotic Art Festival – Seattle Center,
Seattle, WA: April, 2016
• Body Language – Orange County Center for Contemporary Art, Santa Ana, CA: April – May, 2014
• "Art Is Fashion For The Soul" Solo Show – Summerlin Gallery, Las Vegas, NV – January–March, 2011
• The Dirty Show 15 – Russell Industrial Center, Detroit, MI: February 2014
• Seattle Erotic Art Festival – Showbox SoDo Gallery Seattle, WA: August, 2013
• "Naked Spaces" –The Kinsey Institute Art Gallery, Bloomington, IN: January, 2013
• Seattle Erotic Art Festival – Fremont Studios Gallery Seattle, WA: June, 2012
• "The Resurrection of Beauty" – Gallery Provocateur – Chicago, IL: July thru September, 2011
• "Femme Devine" – Gallery Provocateur, Chicago, IL: February thru May, 2010
• The Dirty Show Ten.Five – Warehouse Theater Gallery Detroit, MI: September–October, 2009
• Seattle Erotic Art Festival – Seattle Center Exhibition Hall Seattle, WA: May 2009
• The Dirty Show Ten –Warehouse Theater Gallery Detroit, MI: February, 2009
• "Modes of Expression" an exhibition with Deloitte & Touche, New York, NY: June–July 2008
• Infusion Gallery, Los Angeles, CA: April, 2008
• "The One Word Project" Exhibition –Arts Club Of Washington Washington, DC: September–October 2007
• "Power of Suggestion" Exhibition, Infusion Gallery Los Angeles, CA: June, 2007
• "Art Seen: An Exhibition and Auction" Los Angeles, CA: September, 2006
• "The Art of News" NoHo Gallery LA, Los Angeles, CA: August, 2006
• "The Human Form - A Story Exhibition," Stepping Stone Gallery, New York, NY: September 2005
• T suki Lounge Chicago, IL: June 2005
• 3rd International Photo Salon (FIAP), Targu Mure, Romania: June 2005
• "March to the Beat of Your Own Drum" The Echo Gallery, Chicago, IL: March thru May, 2005
• "Snap to Grid," The Los Angeles Center for Digital Art, Los Angeles, CA: September - October 2004
• "Sense of Place," Boulder Museum of Contemporary Art, Boulder, CO: February 2004
• "Spectrum" Lankershim Art Gallery, N. Hollywood, CA: January 2004
• 2nd International Photography Exhibition (FIAP), Yildiz Teknik Universitesi, Istanbul, Turkey: December 2003