Jadranko Rebec's paintings are charged with energy. His colors are vibrant and pulsing, giving rise to forms that are abstract yet strongly suggestive. These forms may be bold and architectural or flowing and organic, but the unifying feature is always the play of color.
Rebec, born 1946, studied fine art at HFBK in Hamburg, teaching painting, color and form at the University of Applied Sciences from 1991-2012. His work has been showing in numerous group and solo shows in different countries.
Jadranko Rebec's paintings have been acquired by private collectors from various countries throughout the world. They share his eye for compelling works of abstract art such as those gathered in his collection on Saatchi Art.
Rebec showcases not only his own new paintings but also convincing work of fellow artists.
Follow him to always be among the first to encounter the fascinating new additions to his ever-growing collection.
Artist Statement – Some Notes on My Painting:
"The color scenario is an essential vehicle of meaning in my painting. Thus, I conceive of myself basically as an abstract painter. With this I refer to the notion of letting concrete, figurative elements emerge from the act of painting, lending the “how” more significance than the “what.” The given subject matter is often only a pretext for starting to paint.
A dual process is effective in the act of painting itself: the application and composition of paint as a material, as well as the rendition of a visual phenomenon. Here, it is due to the communicative forces inherent in the color scheme, brought about through the interaction of cold and warm color values, that the painting is charged with energy. The colors are vitalized through the interplay of divergent temperatures. The confrontation of complementary opposites imbues them with friction, endowing them with a momentum and a tension characteristic of every successful pictorial work.
In the course of painting, a color concept takes shape in my mind, which is oriented to the light conditions and further develops itself actively during the painting process…"
1971 - 77 Studium der freien Kunst an der HfbK Hamburg
1977 Mitbegründung des Künstlerhauses Weidenallee Hamburg
1983 Arbeitsstipendium der Freien und Hansestadt Hamburg
1987 Kunstpreis Altona
1992 Kunstpreis Leer
Teaching Activity / Lehrtätigkeit
1988 - 92 Werkkunstschule Lübeck
1991 - 94 Lehrbeauftragter an der Fachhochschule Hamburg
1995 Gastdozent Sommerakademie Pentiment, Hamburg 1995 -
2012 Professur für Malerei, Fakultät Gestaltung, HAW Hamburg 1998 - 2002 Dekan der Fakultät Gestaltung
• NEW THIS WEEK collection from Rebecca Wilson for 6-6-2016 --> http://www.saatchiart.com/art-collection/Painting-Sculpture-Photography/New-This-Week-6-6-2016/153961/141803/view
• #ArtistoftheDay --> https://plus.google.com/+saatchiart/posts/JmLcdcMTSyP
• Artist of the Week --> http://www.saatchiart.com/art-collection/Painting-Collage-Sculpture/Artists-of-the-Week-5-25-2015/722504/105117/view (copy 'n paste)
• EYE CANDY: WORKS INSPIRED BY OP ART collection from Jessica McQuenn --> http://www.saatchiart.com/art-collection/Painting-Photography-Printmaking/Eye-Candy-Works-Inspired-by-Op-Art/722504/102289/view (copy 'n paste)
• NEW THIS WEEK collection from Rebecca Wilson for 2-2-2015 --> http://saatchiart.com/art-collection/Painting-Sculpture-Drawing/New-This-Week-2-2-2015/153961/94008/view
• Final Voting in the #showdown competition >The Painted World< with the Painting "Fabergé Egg Arboretum" • Final Voting in the #showdown competition >The Painted World< with the Painting "Fabergé Egg Arboretum" --> http://www.saatchiart.com/art/Painting-Faberg-Egg-Arboretum/747369/2264594/view
Art Advisory Service http://www.saatchiart.com/artadvisory