Filiberto Montesinos Castañon was born in 1972 in Tuxtla Gutiérrez, in the southern Mexican state of Chiapas. He turned toward art ever since his infancy, but first began studying business administration at the Centre of Professional Studies “Fray Bartolomé de las Casas” in Chiapas. After having graduated in that discipline, he followed an artistic training at the University of Sciences and Arts of Chiapas (UNICACH) and took courses in creativity at the Free State University of Puebla, where his first individual exhibition took place in 1993. In 2003 he was honoured "Best New Artist of the Year" in Los Angeles by the Foundation "Parents against cancer," with commendations from US Vice President Dick Cheney.
Filiberto considers himself as a surrealist figurative painter in the tradition of the Mexican artists David Alfaro Siqueiros, Remedios Varo and the US American Georgia O'Keeffe. The latter opened his eyes to the poetry of the details of everyday life.
The starting point and primary objective of any of his paintings is to create a powerful mural with soul and texture. He therefore very often pre-treats his canvases covering them with successive layers of a rich mixture of oil paint and sand; either hard and thick like the sand from the Palm Springs desert, or soft and fine like the river sand from other regions of the world. Combining these materials with a selection of strong colours, Filiberto manages to give his work a unique and fascinating expression, fully displaying the harmony of the selected motive into a full-scale aesthetic moment.
Filiberto's work has been widely exhibited internationally.
Filiberto Montesinos is currently living in Stuttgart, Germany. He is member of the German Federal Association of Visual Artists (BBK), and the Association of Visual Artists from Württemberg (VBKW).
ARTISTES DU MONDE , Cannes, France
From the 23rd to the 26th of September 2017, Filiberto will expose at
the 7th edition of the international Art exhibition "ARTISTES DU MONDE" in the salons of the old port of Cannes, France.
- 39th Art Prize exhibition of the Cultural Foundation of the Karlsruhe Savings Bank, Karlsruhe, Germany
- Home & Decoration Fair, Mandelieu la Napoule – France
-„KÖRPERPHANTASIEN“ – juried group exhibition at the Kunstwerk Gallery of Stuttgart – Fellbach, Germany
- Global Art Gallery, Tongeren , Belgium – group exhibition
- 6th International Art Exhibition “ARTISTES DU MONDE” under the patronage of Mrs Marina Picasso, Cannes
- 7th Dutch National Art days (Nationale Kunstdagen), Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
- 14th International SYRLIN Art Prize exhibition, Stuttgart, Germany
- Group exposition “GEGENSÄTZE” , Stuttgart , Germany
- Group exposition “NUDES & SENSUALITY”, Global Art Gallery, Tongeren, Belgium
- 6th Art Fair of Baden-Württemberg, Haus der Wirtschaft, Stuttgart , Germany
- Solo exhibition “MOMENTS OF NATURE”, Kalina Gallery, Regen, Germany
- 5th International Art Exhibition “ARTISTES DU MONDE” under the patronage of Mrs Marina Picasso, Cannes, France.
- „CONSONANCIAS – DISONANCIAS“ - A group exhibition in the frame of the 6th Latin American Week of the city of Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- “125 VARIATIONS ON VAN GOGH” - exhibition of the 125 artworks nominated for the Van Gogh Art Prize in the Breda’s Museum, The Netherlands
- Solo exhibition „When the winter gets tired“ in the General Consulate of Mexico in Frankfurt am Main
- 37th Price exhibition of the Cultural Foundation of the Karlsruhe Savings Bank
- Group exposition “Artistes du Monde” in Monaco, under the patronage of HSH Prince Albert II.
- Art Beijing 2014, China
- Group exhibition in the belfry of the city hall of Nieuwpoort, on the Belgian North Sea coast.
- Global Art gallery in Tongeren, Belgium
- Group exhibition in the Daelenbroeck Castle in Herkenbosch, The Netherlands
- SPECTRUM Miami Art Fair, in the frame of «Miami Art Week» and «Art Basel Miami»
- 36th Price exhibition of the Cultural Foundation of the Karlsruhe Savings Bank
- “Kunst in Weert 2013”, an Art Event during which works of more than 50 artists are displayed along an interesting Art route crossing the entire city of Weert, in the South of the Netherlands
- Group exhibition at the „Lê Art Gallery” of Groningen, in the Netherlands.
- „Mexico, a Journey through History”, 3rd group exposition of Mexican and foreign visual artists and photographers, organized by the General Consulate of Mexico in Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
- Group exhibition „Kunst in de Kerk“ (Art in the Church), Tongeren, Belgium
- 2nd International Global Art exhibition, in the beguinage church of Tongeren, Belgium
- Group exhibition „De Velinx” in the cultural centre of the city of Tongeren, Belgium
- Art Zürich International, Zürich, Switzerland
- Art Taipei, Taiwan
- « Art Event Namur» at the convention centre of Namur in Belgium
- Solo exhibition at the Coghen Art Gallery of Brussels, Belgium
- “Kunst in Weert“, an art event organized by fellow artist Lilian Creemers in the city of Weert, in the Southern part of the Netherlands.
- Guest artist of the Global Art gallery in Tongeren, Belgium .
- Artist of the month June at the Kalina gallery of Regen near Deggendorf, Bavaria, Germany.
- “Mexico, Land of Natural Wonders”, 2nd group exposition of Mexican and foreign visual artists and photographers, organised by the General Consulate of Mexico in Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
- Berliner Liste 2012, fair for contemporary art at the MUMA in Berlin, Germany.
- “Stimme der Erde, Stimme des Himmels” (Voice of the Earth, Voice of Heaven), group exhibition of Latin American artists organized during the Ibero-American Cultural Festival of Esslingen-Stuttgart-Tübingen, Germany.
- First International Global Art exhibition in the beguinage church of Tongeren, Belgium
- First Artists’ Gallery of Southern Germany’s biggest creative fair - “Kreativ & Bastelwelt” in Stuttgart.