Ilona's work explores the socio-political 'grey' areas through a psychological lens. Through adopting diverse drawing and painting techniques in the making of her work, she disrupts and alters the imagery taken from secondary sources, drawing attention to subjects of memory, perception, cruelty and free will.
In her recent practice, Ilona uses the content found online, specifically on YouTube, to delve even more deeply into questions of perception and the role technology plays in shaping our understanding of the world and choices we make.
Ilona Skladzien was born in Poland, and currently lives and works in the UK.
MA Fine Arts at Arts Bournemouth University, UK ( 2007-2008)
The Jan Matejko Academy of Fine Arts in Poland (2005-2010) MA (Furniture and Interior Design Specialisation).
- Drawing on Dorset Publication 2018
- Recipe Book Project, MA Fine Art
- An hour of my time, Lighthouse, Poole, Dorset. UK
- [Misc.], MA Summer Show 2018, North Light Studios, AUB, Poole
- Salon Group Exhibition at Furleigh Estate
- Mechanical Human Matter, AUB Gallery, Bournemouth
- Salon Group Exhibition, Lighthouse, Poole - Drawing on Dorset, The Slade Centre, Gillingham - The Society of Women Artists Annual Exhibition 2019, Mall Galleries, London
- Drawing on Dorset, Lighthouse, Poole, Dorset, UK - Drawing on Dorset, Fine Foundation Gallery, Dunston, Swanage
- Drawing Boundaries: Folding Islands, Mutability, British Pavilion, Giardini, Venice Biennale 2018 ( Architecture)
- The Society of Women Artists Annual Exhibition 2018, Mall Galleries, London
- Dorset Arts Prize Exhibition, Poole Museum, Dorset - [ Misc.] MA Final Show, Arts University Bournemouth - I am the space that I am, Arts University Bournemouth ( AUB) Gallery
- Pop-up exhibition of MArch and MA Fine Arts students at Crab Studio, AUB