The images I create are dreamlike, childlike, and designed to present the mystery and importance of ordinary objects in every day moments. This is my way of expressing the tenderness and awe I feel when confronted with the rawness of being in the here and now and my experience with the beauty, warmth, difficulty and ugliness of the world.
My favourite mediums are physical and immediate. I enjoy working with graphite, ink, acrylic, oil, watercolour and spray paint, fabric scraps and markers.
Drawing is a very important part of my process and my finished works reflect my love of flowing lines and bold, flat shapes.
I am influenced by the world in all its colour, texture, form, elements, shapes and good deeds; in all its complexity, tragedy, oppression, and hypocrisy; and by the work of Gao Xingjian, Marlene Dumas, Luc Tuymans, and Matisse.
Recipient of CKCA individual artist grant 2013
• 2009: Jan 19-24 Solo Exhibition: ‘Connection’ at Anna Leonowens Gallery, NS
• 2009: Exhibition of paintings at Seeds Gallery, NS
• 2009: Exhibition of paintings at Fenwick Tower, NS
• 2008: Castlegar Artwalk, BC
• 2008: Exhibiton of drawings at the Khyber, NS
Selected Group Exhibitions
• May 2016: Piece of Mind- VPL Moat Gallery
• December 2012: Seasonal Treasures- The Craft Connection
• December 2012: Christmas at the Gallery- The Kootenay Gallery
• 2012: January: Collaborated with the dusty Flowerpot Cabaret’s “Hard Times Hit Parade” Vancouver, BC.
• 2011 September-October: Collaborated with the dusty Flowerpot Cabaret’s
“SurrealEstate Tour” at the Cultch. Vancouver, BC
• 2009 Illustrated a video for “The Psalmist Project” in collaboration with the Doukhobor Discovery Centre. Castlegar, BC
• 2009: May: Exhibited as part of NSCAD’s Grad show Exhibition, Halifax, NS