Marija Orlovic is an autodidact artist - making digital art. She is living and working in Wiesbaden, Germany, born in Croatia. She graduated 1977 with a Dr. in Linguistics at Johannes Gutenberg-Universität in Mainz, Germany. Marija experiments with the application of new technologies in art: she photographs and processes her photos with computer programs. The preferred theme is landscape and nature. Her aim is to present her view of "beauty" and the emotional state of experiencing beauty. Marija: “The experience of beauty takes place at the point where finitude and eternity touch”.
Favorite artists: David Hockney, Andy Warhol, Emil Nolde.
Marija has spent her whole life working on art - but only totally private, just for her. When she retired in 2014, she decided to look through her work, sort it, and make it accessible to the public. She applied for the 2017 Leipzig Art Fair and was admitted. In 2018, she applied to various online galleries - especially in the US: a total of 11 galleries have exhibited and included 30 of her artworks in their monthly exhibitions (February, March, June 2018) - where they are available. She got a total of 9 awards (Honorable Mention, Special Merit and Special Recognition Awards).
Expressionism, Surrealism and Pop Art are her favorite art directions - which is clearly expressed in her work.
A w a r d s
- 2020: The 12 Best Contemporary Artworks From Germany / AMERICAN ART AWARDS Winners
- 2020: 3x WINNER IN THE 2020 AMERICAN ART AWARDS CATEGORY 46. MANIPULATED PHOTOGRAPHY
- WORLD'S BEST MANIPULATED PHOTOS - LANDSCAPE OR STILL LIFE (Category 46 of 2020 AMERICAN ART AWARDS)
- Art in America 2020
- Represented at Hansford and Sons Emerging Artist Platform since June 2020
- My 2019 AMERICAN ART AWARDS winning artworks (“landscape USA 012” and “landscape USA 085”) are in MEDIUM article (09.06.2020):
"The 17 Best Contemporary Artworks By Germans"
That article, and the others on my work, are at this page:
- my art is featured on Artshow.com's homepage for the month of June 2020
- From May 2020 ARTIFACTNYC: https://www.artifactnyc.net/:
- 2020 New York Art Center exhibits following pictures:
- 01.11.2019 - 03.11.2019 Art Fair Leipzig, Germany
- October 2019 - March 2020 Exhibition of 20 works
online and in the gallery of Midwest Center of
Photography "FLAT FILE FEATURE FALL 2019"
- 2019 September: A WINNER IN THE 2019
AMERICAN ART AWARDS juried by America's 25
Best Galleries & Museums; CATEGORY 46.
MANIPULATED PHOTOGRAPHY - LANDSCAPE
OR STILL LIFE:
3RD PLACE MARIJA ORLOVIC GERMANY
pictures.com "Landscape USA 012", 2019,
3500x4600px Manipulated photography.
5TH PLACE-TIE MARIJA ORLOVIC GERMANY
"Landscape USA 085", 2019, 3500x4600px
- 2019 July: my work “landscape USA 01” selected by
Midwest Center for Photography for exhibition “Earth
Elements - International Landscape Exhibition”
(12.07.-26.07.2019; at http://www.mwcponline.com
- 2019 February: Ashurst Emerging Artist
Prize:Promoting of my artwork entry on SM
- 2019 February: Selected for Issue Zero of
- Art fair Leipzig 2017, 2018
- artplode.com: featured emerging artist
- artshow.com: featured emerging artist
- Midwest Center for Photography, USA, 02/2018
- Ashurst Emerging Artist Prize 2018
- Haeven Art Gallery, USA, 02/2018 (Juried exhibition)
- Light Space & Time, USA, 02/2018, 03/2018, 06/2018
- Colors of Humanity Art Gallery, USA, 02/2018
- Bauhaus Prairie Art Gallery, USA, 02/2018
- fusion art, USA, 02/2018 (juried exhibition)
- International gallery of the arts, USA, 02/2018
- Contemporary Art Gallery USA, 03/2018
- Art Room Gallery, USA, 03/2018 (juried exhibition)