Abstraction and the concept of spontaneity forms the basis of Jessie’s instinctive work.
Jessie explores the language of paint and mark making to evoke emotions in the viewer, aiming to communicate how pure abstract work can generate visual energetic joy and pleasure.
The way Jessie experiments with materials, a vibrant colour palette and juxtaposing textures is key to making each piece vividly unique. She looks at the dynamics created when colours, marks, textures and ratios are set with and against each other to create a cohesive piece.
Her abstract style has developed over the last year, with looser brushstrokes and experimenting with further layering creating more depth to her pieces. In more recent works she has used washes over larger areas to create a different sense of space and balance to her compositions.
Jessie continues to explore abstraction and push the boundaries of her vivid and vibrant colour palette.
BA Joint Honors Fine Art / Art History - University of Plymouth
Foundation Diploma Art & Design - Norwich School of Art and Design
- THE OTHER ART FAIR: The Truman Brewery, Brick Lane, London, E1 6QR. Postponed
- Joint Exhibition: The Aldeburgh Gallery, 143 High Street, Aldeburgh, Suffolk, IP15 5AN. 25th June - 1st July
- Solo Exhibition: Grain Barge, Bristol. 29th June - 17th Aug 2020
- Solo Exhibition: Tobacco Factory, North Street, Bristol. 19th Aug - 29th Sept 2020
THE OTHER ART FAIR, West Handyside Canopy, Kings Cross
ROYS ART FAIR: Truman Brewery
WINDSOR CONTEMPORARY ART FAIR
BATH ART FAIR
THE OTHER ART FAIR: The Old Truman Brewery, Brick Lane
THE ROYS PEOPLES ART FAIR: Bargehouse, OXO, London
THE OTHER ART FAIR: The Passenger Shed, Bristol
- Solo Exhibition: Pomegranate, Market Walk, Keynsham
- Solo Exhibition: The Berkeley Square Hotel, The Square Club, Bristol
- Windsor Contemporary Art Fair, Windsor
- Roys People's Art Fair: Truman Brewery, London October 2019
- Appearance on George Clarke's 'Old House New Home' Channel 4, Series 4, Episode 6Chelsea Cafe: 8E Chelsea Road, Bath, BA1 3DU Monday 26th December 2018 - January 2019
OPEN WALLS: Cass Arts Bristol, 43 - 45 Park Street, BS1 5NL 10th December - 6 January 2019 Preview night: Thursday 13th December
Solo exhibition: Bocabar, Paintworks, Bath rd, Bristol BS4 3EH 7th January - 3rd March 2019
Solo exhibition: The Victoria, Totterdown, Bristol March 2019 - May 2019
Dela: Mivart Street, Bristol BS5 6JF 23rd April - 4th June 2019
Art-i-me: 58 High St, Bristol BS15 3DR
Solo exhibition: The Why Gallery, Frome,
The Totterdown Art Show: The Totterdown Centre, Bristol
Fringe Art Bath Festival: Soft Rebellion Exhibition
Ostara exhibition: The Malago, Bristol
Southbank Bristol Arts Trail
Solo exhibition: The Crown, Framlingham, Suffolk
Group exhibition: Paintworks, Bristol