Beata Podwysocka (AFRP, AFIAP) was born in Olsztyn, Poland.
She has been always receptive to modern art, especially abstract, surrealist, hyperrealistic and minimalist forms, which is very often reflected in her works. The artist explores the surrounding world in search of scraps and patches of ordinary objects and situations in order to frame them as appealing self-existing entities.
She uses her camera in the same way as a quilt maker so that she can match and sew together the pieces of fabric-like glimpses, surfaces, textures, patterns and colours.
Since 2010 the artist has been actively and successfully participating in photographic competitions both nationally and internationally. Her works have been displayed at three solo exhibitions and several group shows as well as post-contest exhibitions frequently accompanied with printed catalogues.
Her works are held in private collections in Poland, the UK, France, Denmark and the USA.
She is a creative photographer, Fellow of the Polish Republic’s Photoclub, a holder of the AFRP title. In July 2015, she obtained the distinction ‘Artist FIAP’ (AFIAP) awarded by the International Federation of Photographic Art (FIAP).
MA in English and Polish Philology at the Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń, Poland
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Centre of Contemporary Art (CSW), Toruń, Poland, Show Yourself at CSW. Award Winner
- More Art Please, Fine Art Gallery, Brasov, Romania. Monochromerific. Finalist
- PhotoPlace Gallery, Middlebury, Vermont, USA, Abstraction. Finalist
- included in the Inspired by Architecture Collection curated by Monty Preston, Assistant Curator at Saatchi Art
- included in the Best of the Year 2018 Collection curated by Rebecca Wilson Chief Curator at Saatchi Art
- the 3rd International Biennial of Photography SPACE DEFINITION 2018, Honourable Mention, the Art Exhibition Bureau in Kielce, Poland
- included in the Swoon Studio's Art Selection within the Guest Curator Series published in Canvas Blog
- included in the Best of April Collection https://www.saatchiart.com/art-collection/Painting-Photography-Collage/Best-of-April/153961/234211/view
- included in New This Week Collection 4-9-2018
- displayed as Artist of the Day 02-27-2018
- included in the Ultimate Holiday Gift Guide
- Black and White Magazine Spotlight Award, Single Image Contest 2017, Texture/ Patterns Category (to be published in the December 2017 issue)
- the winner in the Black and White Magazine Single Image Contest 2017
(published in the Special Black and White Magazine Issue # 119)
- Distinguished Artist, ArtAscent Art & Literature Journal, The Patterns Issue
- PX3 Prix de la Photographie, Paris, France, Honourable Mention, Fine Art
- included in the featured collection 'Black & White '
- Black and White Magazine Spotlight Award, Single Image Contest 2016, City/Street Category
(published in Issue # 118)
- three photographs to be the winners in Black and White Magazine Single Image Contest 2016
(published in Special Issue # 116)
- IPA Awards, the USA - two Honourable Mentions, Fine Art
- included in the featured collection 'Surreal : New Limited Editions'
- included in the featured collection 'Eye Candy: Works Inspired by Op Art'
- International Awards One Shot. Home, the USA - two Honourable Mentions, Fine Art
- International Photography Awards, the USA, - four Honourable Mentions, Fine Art
- Fotoforum Rozumberok, Slovakia - FIAP Blue Badge for the Best Author
- International Photography Awards, 'One Shot: [One World]', USA, two Honourable Mentions
- A Smith Gallery, Texas, the USA , ‘Shadows’ - finalist
- International Photography Awards, Los Angeles, the USA - three Honourable Mentions, Fine Art
- A Smith Gallery, Texas, the USA , ‘Play’ - Honorouble Mention
- A Smith Gallery, Texas, the USA , ‘Imagination’ - finalist
- PhotoPlace Gallery, Vermont, the USA, ‘Abstract Expressions’ - finalist
- 7th International Exhibition - Rock Serbia - Gold FIAP Medal (Architecture)
- 18th International Photo Contest ‘Photo Series - Świdnica 2011’ , Poland – 1st place (conceptual section)
- 11th Nationwide Photo Contest ‘Space of Imagination’, Poland - Honourable Mention of the Photo Club of the Republic of Poland
- Exhibitions Without Walls, Oregon, the USA, ‘Structures’ - 3rd place (online)
- Light Space & Time Online Gallery, Florida, the USA , ‘All ’- 4th place (online)
- Light Space & Time Online Gallery, Florida, the USA, ‘Open’- Special Recognition (online)
- 8th Open Photographic Competition, Olsztyn, Poland - finalist, Architecture
- A Smith Gallery, Texas, the USA , ‘Winter’ - finalist
- 10th Nationwide Photo Contest ‘Space of Imagination’, Poland – Honourable Mention of the Photo Club of the Republic of Poland