Alan is an artist based in Surrey. From his studio in Staines-upon-Thames, he paints landscapes, investigates whatever catches his attention and is currently prototyping some top secret & beautiful things. He trained at Farnham and has shown in many open and group shows throughout London and the South East, has had one major solo show and has been artist in residence for a manor house in Buckinghamshire. His work is in many private collections.
“A high proportion of my work is the local landscape. Initially this was nothing but a combination of convenience and a long term fascination with the depiction of space, but as I have dug deeper it has begun to act as a proxy for more personal ideas.”
Epsom School of Art
University of Creative Arts, Farnham
• Works on permanent exhibition with Little Van Gogh and in private collections
• Windsor & Surrey Art Fairs
• Henley Festival
• Runnymede Ghosts; a solo show at Royal Holloway, University of London within the festivities for the 800th anniversary of Magna Carta.
• Nocturnes; solo show in Guildford, Surrey
• Artist in Residence, Sulgrave Manor, Northants
Group shows across London, Surrey, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Northamptonshire and Hampshire
Exhibited with No Naked Walls, Henley Studios, Islington Arts Factory, Creative Coverage, Obsidian Arts, The Art House, Exhibit Here, The Hub and the Henley Arts Festival