View In A Room
Add to Favorites
Painting: Oil on Canvas.
The painting depicted an activities that goes on under the
There is a points where the fishermen and others meet at a particular place. Even the good and the bad boys meet
under there. We need to bear it in mind that, bridges are one of the most important road infrastructures in any country. They link places separated by rivers and bodies of water and serve as overpass for ease of traffic in many cities. To this end, they are of huge relevance for social and economic development. The Third Mainland Bridge was completed 25 years ago and plans for the Fourth Mainland Bridge were originally drawn up in 2003. Financing difficulties and concern over demolition and relocation procedures have held up development since then. Given that Nigeria is in the middle of its first recession for a quarter of a century and is suffering from low oil revenues, there are still likely to be difficulties in securing funding for the project
• There are also bridges in both the northern and the
eastern parts of Nigeria. Scattered in several towns,
• The Popular bridges in Nigeria include the Niger
Bridge in Asaba/Onitsha,
• Third Mainland Bridge,
• Carter Bridge,
• Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge all in Lagos,
• Benue Bridge in Makurdi and Jebba Bridge in Jebba.
Located in Lagos State,
• The Third Mainland Bridge was constructed in 1990.
• Constructed by Julius Berger Nigeria Plc, the 11.8
kilometers long bridge is one of three linking Lagos
Island to the Mainland.
• Asides the Third Mainland Bridge, there are several
popular bridges in Lagos State
• Such as the Eko, Carter, Ijora, Iponri, Jibowu, Abati
Barracks, Ojuelegba, Stadium and Costain bridges
Artist featured by Saatchi Art in a collection