View In A Room
Add to Favorites
Painting: Oil on Wood, Other.
The ‘We have not stopped dancing yet. Stalin/Hitler double portrait’ is part of 'The 20th Century Dictators' series (2002-2009).
For the series Alla was named the 'Critic's Choice' by Saatchi Online in 2007. ‘The 20th Century Dictators' series was exhibited at Crone Gallery in Berlin in 2007.
‘The 20th Century Dictators' series is a set of paintings, floor adhesive prints, posters, wallpaper design, billboard, and animation that explores the images of Hitler, Mussolini, Franco, Mao Zedong and Stalin in contemporary context going beyond the historical or documentary analysis.
The animation 'Christ is Not an Aryan' - that includes this work too - was screened on Europe’s largest digital screen in 2007 on top of the Axel Springer Building and was dabbed as “one of three things to see in Berlin” by Bild newspaper (Germany) and BZ Magazine (Germany) at the time of the screening.
The series' artworks form 7 exhibition environs:
• Environ 1: Full length life-size paintings of naked Hitler, Mussolini, Mao Zedong, Stalin, and Franco
• Environ 2: ‘Heads’, as floor-adhesive vinyl prints, and 48-sheet billboard 'Dictators TM’
• Environ 3: ‘Torsos’, posters
• Environ 4: 'Limbs Composition' prints accompanied by 'organic sounds' activated by motion-sensing technology
• Environ 5: 'Group Portrait' wallpaper, which covers the walls of this environ space, and animation ‘Christ is not an Aryan’
• Environ 6. Double portraits
• Environ 7: 'Memorabilia Shop' where audience ‘buys into' the dictators by purchasing various merchandise: cups, bags, scarfs, coasters.
For more information, please visit the artist’s website: http://allatkachuk.com/
Artist featured by Saatchi Art in a collection