Sydney, NSW, Australia
About Bill Hope
Bill Hope is a commercial Illustrator living and working in Sydney. Having studied at the National Art School, The College of Fine Arts and the Julian Ashton School Bill has spent the past three years with the Drawing Book Studios as a Freelance Illustrator. His work combines a traditional approach to hand drawn illustration with an affinity for the digital sphere and the array of tools it provides. This approach allows the creation of drawings that range from elaborate compositions of a fantastical nature to fast paced sketches of wit and facility. With clients ranging from CBA to McDonalds, Redcross and the NBN, Bill’s work has been of a broad scope and scale. He has held two solo exhibitions of his work in the past two years and published a children’s book for New Frontier publishing.
• Intensive Life Drawing course at NAS
• Graduated Bachelor of Fine Art (Painting Drawing) with Distinction from COFA 2012
• Currently part time at Julian Ashton School of painting
• Group Exhibition “The Social Contract” at Kudos Gallery in Paddington, 15th of May 2012- 26th of May 2012
• Solo exhibition- “Half Submerged” at Wedge Gallery-Kinokuniya 20th Aug-2nd September 2013
• Group Exhibition- “Inspired By Music”, M2 Gallery 25th September 2013
• Group Exhibition- “The Art of Storytelling” Comber St Gallery, 31st of January 2014
• Group Exhibition- “Common Sense” Exhibition, May 2nd 2014, Brand X Space Central Park , 2014
• Group Exhibition- “Mythology” Exhibition, Rydges Central Hotel, June 5th 2015,
• Solo exhibition- “Inky Paper”, Sheffer Gallery, Redfern, Jan 20th, 2015
• Group Exhibition- “#Shoes for Sydney”, Black Penny Gallery, 20th of April Surrey Hills, 2016.
• Group Exhibition- “Breakthrough Art Festival”, Ambush Gallery, 12th May, 2016
• Represented By Drawing Book Studios, Surrey Hills, 2012-present
Work in Editorial, Scribing, Storyboards, Event Visuals.
Commercial Clients include,
Telstra, DDB, Lavender, Qantas, Commonwealth Bank, Suncorp, MC Saachi, NBN, Redbull, TAB, Wacom, Adobe, Redcross
Matt Jackson, Previous Agent, Ph +61 421384133
Bec Aiken, Current Agent, Ph +61 420947224