I've been painting for more than 25 years and creating art in some form since early childhood. My current work has evolved from a representational depiction of subject matter, to an exploration of color and space and how that creates an emotion.
The goal is not to reproduce an exact likeness of my subjects. I use clean, vivid colors, with a palette knife or brush to engage the viewer and move the eye around the canvas. My work is less concerned with being able to identify the subject matter and more concerned with using color, light and positive/negative space to connect with my subject and hopefully stir something in the viewer.
My hope is that whoever is looking at my work is carried along on the same wave of emotion that initially drove me to create the piece.
Art Students League of NY
Publications – Featured artist in Brooklyn Eagle article on Gowanus Open Studios, 2016 http://www.brooklyneagle.com/articles/2016/10/19/gowanus-open-studios-2016-wows-art-lovers
• Java Madness, Wakefield, Rhode Island, 2008
• An Honest Life of Color, CKI gallery, Brooklyn, NY, 2017
• Gramercy Neighborhood Association Annual Art Show, Salamagundi Club, NY, NY 2018 • Member Salon Trestle Gallery, Brooklyn, NY, 2008-2018
• On Site, Trestle Gallery, Brooklyn, NY, 2018
• Colors, Cocoa Bar, Brooklyn, NY, 2017
• Love in Different Colors, Compass Gallery, Brooklyn, NY, 2016
• Small Works Exhibition, 440 Gallery, Brooklyn, NY, 2015
• Summer ARTiculated, Osilas Gallery, Concordia College, Bronxville, NY 2015
• Small Works Exhibition, National Association of Women Artists, Inc., New York, NY 2015 • Spring Fling, Williamsburg Art and Historical Center, Brooklyn, NY 2014
• Art Students League holiday show, New York, NY.
• Brooklyn Waterfront Artists Coalition, Brooklyn, NY 2013
• White Hot, Women's Studio Center, Long Island City, NY 2012
• Experimentation, Brooklyn Waterfront Artists Coalition, Brooklyn, NY 2011
Honors and Awards
• Juror’s award, Gramercy Neighborhood Association Annual Art Show, NY, NY • 2nd Prize in Painting, Art Students League, New York, NY.
• 440 Gallery 10th Annual Small Works Show, Park Slope Patch, Brooklyn, NY, August 15, 2015. Work Related Experience
•Member of the Visual Arts Committee, Women's Studio Center, Long Island City, NY.