I am drawn to the idea that as artists, we are the channels for art pieces to be born. That there are realms where those beings dwell and somehow get expressed through us, their unique language being brush strokes, paper cut outs, clay, colour or form. As Clarissa Pinkola Estés puts it in Women who run with the wolves, one brings “an image from the unseen world into being”. My recent work speaks of the Divine Feminine, an energy that is very much of the Earth and of the body, an energy that has been suppressed for a long time in all of us, men and women alike. I believe that our future and the future of our planet depends on us reconciling with this energy, bringing it forth into the world, and re-balancing it with the Divine Masculine. My pieces are treasures that have been gathered from the ancient world. I love artists such as Joan Mitchell, Picasso, Cy Twombly and Wangechi Mutu.
I was born and raised in Toulouse, in the South of France, and I now work and live in South East London. I first came to London to study a BA in Fashion Design Womenswear at Central Saint Martins, and a few years later, after working as a free-lance jewellery designer, I went on to study an MA in Painting at the Glasgow School of Art. I was commissioned to design and make jewellery for the windows at Selfridges, Oxford Street, London, as well as Menswear jewellery pieces for the Mugler Paris Fashion catwalk show, Spring-Summer 2012. My Fine Art work has been exhibited in Paris, Helsinki, Glasgow and London, and has been bought by private collectors around the world (New York, Seattle, Australia, UK...). I was longlisted for both the SaatchiArt Online Painting Showdown in 2015 and the Signature Art Prize in 2014. I was a runner-up for the Secret Art Prize, organized by Curious Duke Gallery, London, in 2014. I have also been published in Magazines and catalogues, and in 2009 I was awarded the Colin Barnes Drawing Prize, in recognition of excellence in drawing. In 2007, I won the Louis Vuitton Bag Design Competition, organized by Central Saint Martins. I also assisted Andrew Kerr in setting-up his solo exhibition “So Ensconced” (Nov 11/ Jan 12) at Inverleith House, Edinburgh.
· Masters in Fine Art Practice, Painting. Glasgow School of Art, September 2011/September 2012
· First Class B.A Fashion Design Womenswear, Central Saint Martins, London. Sept 05/June 09
· Art& Design Foundation (Distinction) Central St Martins. Sept 04/June 05
-Selected to be published in ArtMaze Magazine, Issue #2. April 2017
- Selected to be published in Fresh Paint Magazine Issue 13, curated by Rebecca Wilson, chief curator of Saatchi Art. August 2016.
- Long-Listed for SaatchiArt Online Painting Showdown Competition, January 2015.
- Longlisted for the Signature Art Prize, DegreeArt.com, Vyner Street, London. 2014
- Runner-up for The Secret Art Prize, Curious Duke Gallery, June 2014.
- Selected to be part of the Marmite IV Painting Prize catalogue, 2012/2013
- Colin Barnes Drawing Prize, Central Saint Martins. A prize awarded in recognition of excellence in drawing. 2009
- Selected for the Central Saint Martins Press Show 2009
- Winner of the Louis Vuitton Bag Design Competition 2007, Central Saint Martins
Past Group Shows & Art Fairs:
- (INSERT FEELING HERE) Group Exhibition with BleurArt at the Old Biscuit Factory in Bermondsey, February 26th & 27th
- October 2018: “The Other Art Fair”, Victoria House, London
- October 2017: “The Other Art Fair”, Old Truman Brewery, London
- “Art in the Forest” in collaboration with Forest plant shop, Arch 133 Deptford Market Yard, for DEPTFORD X Fringe Festival, 22nd September-1st October 2017, London.
- “Roy’s People Art Fair”, 14th-17th September 2017, Candid Arts Trust, London.
- “The Other Art Fair”, 5th-8th October 2017, Old Truman Brewery, London.
-Affordable Art Fair New York, with CaigerArt Contemporary and Liberty Galleries 29th March-2nd April 2017
-Affordable Art Fair Battersea, London, with CaigerArt Contemporary Gallery. 9th-12th March 2017
-The Other Art Fair, The Old Truman Brewery, London. 6th-9th October 2016. The Other Art Fair is the leading UK Artist Fair.
-The Affordable Art Fair, London Hampstead, with Caiger Contemporary. 16th-19th June 2016
-Group Show with ArtSmart Contemporary “Launch #1 Pop-up Week,”, 10th-15th March 2016, Space W10, London
-The Affordable Art Fair, London Battersea, with Caiger Contemporary Art. 10th-13th March 2016
-The Other Art Fair, Old Truman Brewery, 15th-18th October 2015, London. The 10th edition of the fair included works by Tracey Emin. Judges include: Mary Rozell, Gavin Turk, Dr Stephanie Buck, Dr Sven Hansen and James Birch.
-"When Opposites Attract" two people show with Rod McIntosh, organised and curated by Caiger Contemporary Art, 14th-20th September
-"Autumn Showcase" Caiger Contemporary artists group show, 21st-27th September
-"Introducing" Group Show at Curious Duke Gallery, London. 6th-29th August
- The Affordable Art Fair, 11th-14th June 2015, London, Hampstead. As Part of Caiger Contemporary
- "In Coversation", a co-curated show with NOHO Artists, 27th May 2015, 7 Dials, Covent Garden, in partnership with Balthazart.
- The Other Art Fair, 23rd-26th April 2015, London, Victoria House. Selection Committee included Gavin Turk, the Courtauld’s Dr Stephanie Buck and Mary Rozell, Director of Art Business at Sotheby’s Institute New York.
- Caiger Contemporary Spring Showcase, 13th-19th April 2015, Studio 657 Fulham, London, Group Show.
-12th-15th March 2015: Affordable Art Fair, Battersea, London, as part of Caiger Contemporary
-13th February-14th March 2015: "Painting the Future", DegreeArt Contemporary Collective exhibition, Vyner Street, London
-30th October 2014- 28th February 2015: “Lunar” Group Exhibition at Curious Duke Gallery, London, 173 Whitecross Street.
-Windsor Contemporary Art Fair, 8th& 9th November 2014, as part of Caiger Contemporary Gallery, London.
-16th-19th October 2014: "The Other Art Fair" Old Truman Brewery, Selection panel included Polly Morgan, Sophie O'Brien, Anita Zabludowicz and Omar Kholeif.