Houston based photographer Bogdan Mihai is a recent immigrant to the USA from Romania. He received his degree in journalism, and spent many years working in Romanian television, and freelance photography and video production in The Emirates, New Zealand, the USA and Russia. Since moving to Texas in 2015, he has opened his own freelance video production and photography business.
So far, his photographs have been exhibited in the USA, Romania, Argentina and Switzerland.
As a fine artist, Bogdan generally works with strong narratives and place, and has explored various themes over the years.
Journalism and Photography
- Solo Exhibition: Inheritance, Silver Street Studios, Houston, TX USA
- Group Exhibition: Collective Consciousness, Silver Street Studios, TX USA
- Group Exibition: Gathered!, Silver Street Studios, Houston, TX
- Solo Exhibition: Alicia D'Amico Art Gallery, Escuela Argentina de Fotografía - Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Group exhibition: Boundless - Sabine Street Studios - Houston, TX USA
- Group exhibition: Director's Pick: PhotoSCHWEIZ 19 - Zurich, Switzerland
- Group exhibition: Habitat - Sabine Street Studios - Houston, TX USA
- Solo Exhibition: Festival de Luz, Encuentros Abiertos - Buenos Aires, Argentina
- FotoFest, Marketplace portfolio review
- Published children's book "Crabby Cat Needs a Holiday"
Feria de los Libros, International Book Fair in Guadalajara
Published book "Road Trip Romania: A Photographic Journey"
Frankfurt International Book Fair
International Book Fair - Moscow
Published children's book "Andy and the Leprechaun"
- Bologna International Children's Book Fair
- Published children's book "ABCat"
- Street photography and portrait work in Russia
- Nature, landscape and photography coursework in California
- Nature photography and urban landscapes in New Zealand
- "Memories from Sri Lanka" Photography exhibition in Campulung, Romania