From a contemporary perspective through abstract languages, close to Arte Povera and Materic Art, in which I combine tradition and innovation. As a versatile creator, my artistic work explores different methods (sculpture, painting, photography, installation, video).
Within an abstract style but full of symbolism, I have given great relevance to the material substratum of the work. The marked conceptual sense, where the material support transcends its state and provokes a profound analysis, should be highlighted.
Chromatic austerity is a characteristic element of my work: reducing my palette to a very limited range of colours, based on ochres, blacks and reds, with which to create works of great chromatic contrast and powerful visual impact.
I am greatly interested in the use and re-use of materials with a strong industrial stamp, such as Corten steel, aluminium, cement and glass, which stand out due to the experimentation, the special, formal and interim analyses, the perception, the theoretical development and the public sphere, as well as delving into new media and technological innovation.
My vital, intellectual and artistic inquisitiveness has led me to explore a large part of the world, where, at the same time, I have developed many of my projects, embracing the essence of each territory, to reinterpret it and decipher it in my works. Projects, trips and life experiences, of marked contrast and complementarity, such as stays of several months in Washington and New York, creation and exhibitions in Mexico City, research projects in Puerto Rico, conferences in Tokyo, in situ works creation for collectors in Qatar, projects in Indonesia, etc.
Experiences in Asia, the Middle East, America and Europe are influences that have spread to my work and creative processes.
Private collections, institutions, galleries, curators, critics and the media have trusted and looked into my work, which, from my beginnings, has been characterised as being personal, intense, consistent and on the border between tradition and innovation.
B.A. Fine Arts, University of Salamanca, Spain
His Majesty the King Felipe VI and Her Majesty Queen Letizia. Spain.
Madeira International Airport. Portugal.
National Museum Reina Sofia Art Center.
National Prado Museum. Spain.
Government of the Principality of Asturias (Presidency and Government Junta). Spain.
Mª Cristina Masaveu Peterson Foundation. Spain.
Royal Spanish Academy. Spain.
JUMEX Foundation. México.
Hispanic Society of America. USA.
DANAE Foundation. Spain.
Sponsorship for artistic production. Geomorphology. Municipal Foundation of Culture of Gijón. SPAIN.
Ist Sponsorship for artistic production and residence in New York. Registering New York. Mª Cristina Masaveu Peterson Foundation. NEW YORK.
Sponsorship for artistic production. In the search of lost Asturias in América 1880-2003. PUERTO RICO, WASHINGTON AND SPAIN. Municipal Foundation of Culture of Gijón. SPAIN.
- 5 Best Spanish Designer. Tokyo´s Designer week. Curator: Veruska de Prado, ICEX. Spanish Embassy in Japan. TOKYO. JAPAN.
- Painting. Art Crosses. Curator: Adriana Suárez. Principality of Asturias Delegation. Le Peuple. BRUSSELS/Principality of Asturias
Delegation. MADRID / Llanes Culture Center. LLANES. SPAIN.
- Sound Installation. SONI(C)LOUD. Festival Internacional de Arte Sonoro RADAR. Curators: Guillermo Santamarina, Bárbara Perea.
Laboratorio Arte Alameda. MÉXICO DF. MEXICO.
- Painting. Art Crosses. Collective exhibition. Curator: Adriana Suárez. Conde de Toreno Palace. OVIEDO/Real Colegiata de San Fernando, COVADONGA. ASTURIAS. SPAIN.
- Installation. Banquetes_Nodos y Redes. Curator: Chiu Longuina. Laboral Centro de Arte de Creación Industrial. GIJÓN / ZKM, Center for Art and Media. KARLSRUHE, GERMANY.
- Painting. Brussels Evolutions 05 - León 09. Curator: Galería Altamira. Carriegos Foundation. LEÓN. SPAIN.
- Painting. Approaches. Curator: Diego Suárez Noriega. Altamira Gallery. GIJÓN. SPAIN.
- Installation. Crearte Urbano, Ciudad Madin. Curator: Gabriel Santamarina. Madrid Regional Archive. MADRID. SPAIN.
- Painting. Asturian young talents. Principality of Asturias Delegation. MADRID. SPAIN.
- Painting. CIRCA 2008. Altamira Gallery. PUERTO RICO.
- Painting. SCOPE Art Fair. Altamira Gallery. NEW YORK.
- Installation. Heaven&Hell. Solo exhib. Altamira Gallery. GIJÓN. SPAIN.
- Painting. DformaII. Solo exhib. Altamira Gallery. GIJÓN. SPAIN.
- Painting. CIRCA 2007. Altamira Gallery. PUERTO RICO.
- Painting. Asturian Contemporary Expression,2 Generations. Curator: Diego Suárez Noriega.Asturian Centre in Mexico. MEXICO.
- Installation and video. New Itineraries of Asturian Art. National Art Center of Old Havana. HAVANA. CUBA.
- Painting. Content Gesture Painters. Carlos Sierra, Gil Morán and Carlos García. Curator: Luís Feás. Fruela Gallery. MADRID. SPAIN.
- Painting and sculpture. Asturian young Painters Curator: Adriana Suárez. Principality of Asturias Delegation. Le Peuple. BRUSSELS
- Painting. Terrenos de juego. Antiguo Instituto Jovellanos Culture Center. GIJÓN. SPAIN.
- Painting. La Necesidad del Ser. Altamira Gallery. GIJÓN. SPAIN.
- Sculpture. Contemporary Art Center AcerArte. OVIEDO. SPAIN.
- Sculpture. Densidad-es. Solo exib. Culture Center. AVILÉS. SPAIN.
- Installation and intervention. Mirrors, light moments. Solo exhib. Ateneo La Calzada Culture Center. GIJÓN. SPAIN.
- Video. "In the search of lost Asturias to México, Cuba and USA in last century", The Fondo del Sol Visual Arts Center. WASHINGTON DC, USA.
- Sculpture. Mirrors, looking inside. Discovery Galleries, Bethesda, MD, USA.
- Photography. Dupont Circle´s objects. Little City Arts Studio, Bethesda MD, USA
- Sculpture. Moments of Time. Solo exib. Ateneo La Calzada Culture Center. GIJÓN. SPAIN.