五宝園 GOHOUEN TOSHI (TOSHI) JAPANESE CONTEMPORARY ARTIST
I was born in Yaotsu-town, Japan. (home town of Mr. Chiune Sugihara) Contemporary artist (calligraphy) mystic, poet, novelist, traveler, cosmopolitan 1995-1996. I started my art activity in Auckland, New Zealand. 2000. Moved to Bali Island (sanctuary) and continued producing art work.
[[[The Way Of The Artist]]] I visited Bali unexpectedly in November 1996, where I had an experience of mystical encounter at Kuta beach, during the night on December 5th After that extraordinary event, I was led by a mystic to a town in east Java, where I had other spiritual encounters, which have forever changed my philosophy of life and affected my art style dramatically. I have been searching for the truth of the Universe, trying to express this through artistic activity, continuing to express the Divine in my work since the day I moved here.
[[[Rites Of Passages]]] I practice meditation and put all other thoughts out of my mind before I start to produce new work. I never start a new piece without clearing my mind first: this is my attitude toward my art work.
[[[My Calligraphy]]] In a word,my calligraphy art is like "creation of an eternal moment." so that's why I must fix the soul for that moment. Because failure will not be tolerated. After a revelational experience in Kuta Beach, 1996, I made a decision to express only KAMI (God,super natural...etc) through calligraphy, until I die. So when I create calligraphy simbol for KAMI (God ,The super natural...etc), each shape is different, but the meaning remains the same.
[[[My Kakejiku Art (Scroll)]]] My Kakejiku art aims to express the harmony, and transcend the borders between the countries, races, colors ,generations, and religions...since, after all, everything becomes from nothing, and vanishes into nothing. Normally, Japanese Kakejiku Art (Hanging scroll art）bound by traditional rules, but I'm trying to transcend that in order to make this art universal.
[[[[[ The details about the Japanese hanging scroll ]]]]]
[[[ Motto ]]] 無一物中無尽蔵 (MUICHIBUTSUCYUMUJINZO)
Future Shows: April8-May3,2010 Four Seasons Resort Bali Jimbaran Bay(Ganesha Gallery)
– July. One man exhibition at “Bali Art festival 2007”
– June. Selected Artist. The Hague Red Cross Summer Exhibition 2008
– October. Selected Artist. Artenade World Gallery Auction by Christie’s UK
– November. Selected Artist (Estonia). Red Cross Tallinn Winter Exhibition 2008
– February. International Yoga Festival in Bali by Bali Indian Foundation
– March. Selected Artist in Master Piece Auction in Singapore
– August. Hanna Art Space, Ubud Bali. Group Exhibition
– April. Ganesha Gallery, Four Seasons Resort, Jimbaran, Bali, Duo Exhibition
– Dec. X'mas ART EX. at AKARENGA-SOKO YOKOHAMA JAPAN
– Dec. Xmas ART EX. at Hotel Windsor JP
– Jan. New Year EX. at 14hills cc & Hotel Windsor JP