Multifaceted artist: painter, illustrator and dollmaker. Originally from Latvia, Spain based.
After almost two decades of artistic career through different expressions innovating and experimenting with materials and forms, at present Liene's work focuses on creating art dolls. Her dolls and other artpieces already take part of private collections all around the world.
Latvian Christian Academy: Degree in Fine Arts 2001/2005: specialization in traditional icon painting techniques.
Self taught in sculpture and dollmaking.
Published in Stuffed Magazine (USA) Vol 9, Issue 1
Liene has taken part and organized numerous arts and crafts fairs with her dolls and other creations.
Previously she also has organized and participated in exhibitions of painting and photography in Latvia and has had several solo exhibitions of abstract art and iconography in Spain:
- Busot (Alicante) 2009 House of Culture;
- Monóvar (Alicante) 2010 House of Culture;
- Alicante 2011 Congress Palace;
- Alicante 2011 Restaurant "Parador de Santa Bárbara"
- Ciudad Quesada 2012 Hotel La Laguna
- Murcia 2012 Restaurant " La Buchara"