Marta Caldas is a painter and photographer born by the sea in Spain´s lush northern coast, later moving to the sub-tropical Canary Islands. Overridingly influenced by the contrasting sunlight, myriad colours of the sea and wild life in these locations, she explores the magic of Nature in her artwork. Her extensive visual arts education at London´s Blake College and London College of Fashion, under the tutelage of Rowena Luke in Brighton, at Brian Bomeisler´s New York atelier and Alejandro Decinti´s Madrid studio, covers painting, sculpture, ceramics, illustration, fashion & textile design, photography and the latest digital techniques.
Andrew Wyeth, Marc Chagall, Les Lalanne and Spain´s contemporary and Old Masters are major influences in her aesthetic vision. The sway of the sea, the movement of the waves, the intriguingly intricate patterns in flowers, trees and sea life permeates throughout her photographic artwork, reflecting her own interpretation of nature, far beyond reality. It all comes together in her very own modern vision of volume and colour, eminently pictorial and remarkable artistic quality. Her photographic work looks as if built up in a series of successive oil painting glazes. Composition is her forte, producing paintings and photographs that stimulate the senses and stir emotions.
Her work is held in private collections. Her current body of work comprises paintings, photographs and her textile design studio. She now lives in Madrid.
Represented by d | a | c art space. Miami. Spetses. Mykonos.
- A LOT CAN HAPPEN IN A YEAR. Collective Exhibition. December 10th 2020 - January 21sth 2021.
- AN OVERWHELMING EXPERIENCE. THE HUMAN - EARTH RELATIONSHIP. Collective Exhibition. July 23rd 2020 - September 24th 2020.
- DESIGN PLUS MIAMI. Collective Exhibition. 5th December 2019 – 30th January 2020.
- VAN GOGH ART GALLERY. Collective Exhibition. 24th July 2019 – 24th August 2019.
- LA ARTEINFORMADA / NUEVAS PROPUESTAS. 15th May 2019 – 15th July 2019.
- PARIS ART FAIR. 11th April – 14th April 2019.
- LA ARTEINFORMADA – MUJERES. 08th March - 08th May 2019.
- LA ARTEINFORMADA / ARTISTAS. Feria online del arte iberoamericano. 15th September 2018 – 07th January 2019.
- STUDIO LISBOA 2018. 18th May 2018 – 20th May 2018.
- EWAAC 2017 LONDON. Online exhibition. 24th - 28th October, 2017.
- FLECHA. 2017. Fundación Pan y Peces. 28th September - 1st October 2017.