Mary Lai is a Los Angeles based visual artist & designer. She has a B.F.A. in Graphic Design from Mason Gross School of the Arts and built a career in fashion handbags & accessories in New York City. She had an award-winning namesake handbag collection prior to her relocation to Los Angeles.
The seasoned artist creates vibrant contemporary artwork that has exhibited at Miami Art Basel Week and art shows in Los Angeles, Dallas and New York. She mixes the unexpected in her artwork and you can see her fashion/graphic design background through her composition, choice of color and use of textures. Her playful art is often inspired by her young children and pop culture; building the relationship between primary images and associations with people that have inspired her and generations. With over 15 years of design experience she has worked on a full range of mediums including digital, fine art, product design to large scale murals and art installations.
BFA in Graphic Design from Mason Gross School of the Arts, Rutgers University 2003
• Snapchat Spectacles x Ron Robinson Event, November 2019
• F is For FUN Art Show Event, August 2019
• Nostalgia Exhibition - Start LA Gallery / Los Angeles, CA November 2020 (solo exhibition)
• Dear Stranger Exhibition - Gallery Pado / Los Angeles, CA June 2020
• Red Dot Miami Art Basel, December 2019
• Chesterfield Hotel - SBG Hotels / Miami Art Basel Week, December 2019 (solo exhibition)
• The Other Art Fair Los Angeles September 2019