"I look at each painting as a kind of visual diary; a way to document beauty and express joy."
Reaching out through art, I explore nature in all its complexities; flowers in bloom, birth, death, light, dark— the opposites and the complements—all present in my mind’s eye.
As a young girl, Toronto-based abstract artist Mishel Schwartz used to hide on the stairs that led to her artist-parents’ studio and watch them paint live models. This innocent voyeurism was the catalyst for a lifelong passion for the arts.
- BA Fine Arts from Dawson College, Montreal, QC
- BA Art History from McGill University, Montreal, QC
- BA Graphic Design from York university, Toronto, Ontario
- The Other Art Fair, Group Exhibition, Chicago, 2018
- Gallery 104, Group exhibition, Soho New York, 2018
- RAW Artists Org, Group Exhibition, Toronto, ON, 2019
- Art Shopping, Carrousel du Louvre, Group Exhibition, Paris, France, 2019
- Freedom Factory Gallery, V@M Group Exhibition, Toronto, ON, 2019
- Blitz Gallery, In The Mood group Exhibition, Toronto, ON, 2019
- Arta Gallery, Celebration Women Artists Group Exhibition, Toronto, ON, 2020
- Represented by NY Online gallery, New York, 2019
- Represented by Singulart Online Gallery, Paris, France, 2020
- Represented by Kefi Online Gallery, Toronto, ON, 2020
- Licensor with Icanvas.com, 2019
- Licensor with Pastell.com- Home product Development, 2020
- Member of Foundwork Art Community for Artists
- Saatchi Artist, www.saatchiart.com/mishelschwartzart
- Collaboration with Pallas Snowboards Company, 2018-2019
- Collaboration with author Hali Schwartz- One Without a Second, book jacket cover, 2019
- Featured Artist, Artsy Shark, https://www.artsyshark.com/2019/01/10/featured-artist-mishel-schwartz/
- Award winning artist- 9th Nature Exhibition- Light Space & Time Art gallery- For paintings, “Earth’s Intelligence” and “Breaking Out.”