Hong Kong, Hong Kong
About Odilia Fu
Odilia W. Y. Fu Chinese-American, born in Hong Kong. Has lived and worked in Los Angeles, California; Orlando, Florida, USA. "Reinvent Chinese Abstract through the expression of Chi(氣) ,"energy force" ,evolved from the music of Beethoven; using ink and color on Xuan paper." "My works emphasize the predominance of personal memories over race, origin and heritage as a foundation of identity in the 21st century." Odilia Fu creates drawings that reflect her return after 16 years in the United States back to her birthplace of Hong Kong. She transforms Chinese calligraphy and ink painting into contemporary art. Her artworks were selected by the curator, and documented at the Netherlands Institute for Art History (Rijksbureau voor Kunsthistorische Documentatie)- one of the largest art history centers in the world (2006). Her art project received endorsement from Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II (2007). She also received letters of encouragement from President Barack Obama, the First Lady Michelle Obama for her letters, poem and artwork as an independent Chinese-American artist (2009). Her artworks were auctioned in an Official Fundraiser in support of President Barack Obama's re-election (2012). Artworks were featured in the 'Broad Brush: New Gestural Paintings Collection', "Spotlight on Asia Collection" by Bridget Carron, Curator of Saatchi Art. Odilia earned a Master of Science degree from the University of Florida (1999). Her works can be found in private collections throughout Europe and the United States. Website: www.odiliafu.com Email: email@example.com
Master of Science, University of Florida (U.S.A.)
*Artworks were auctioned at an Official Fundraiser in support of President Barack Obama's re-election (2012).
*Artworks were selected by the curator, and documented at the Netherlands
Institute for Art History (Rijksbureau voor Kunsthistorische Documentatie)- one of the largest art history centers in the world (2006).
*Special mention in "S’I Fossi Foco" Exhibition on Italy TV News
* Artworks were featured in the 'Broad Brush: New Gestural Paintings Collection', "Spotlight on Asia Collection" by Curator Bridget Carron of Saatchi Art.
*Ink drawing was published in "J.
Sebastian Bach: Pablo Casals and the Six Suites for 'Cello Solo" by Steven Hancoff, Musical Ambassador for the U.S. State
Department. (By invitation)(2015)
*MEET THE ARTIST*
- Oxford International Art Fair, Feb 2016, Oxford Town Hall, UNITED KINGDOM
- Amsterdam International Art Fair, Aug 2015 at Beurs van Berlage – Amsterdam, NETHERLANDS
- "S’I Fossi Foco" Exhibition (Aug/Sept 2015) by Camaver Kunsthaus at Ex-Chiesa San Nicolao - Bellano - Como Lake, ITALY
*Special mention on Italy TV News
FEATURED IN SAATCHI ART COLLECTIONS BY THE CURATORS:
(1) Untitled No.01032014(Stravinsky: The Rite of Spring (Pink)) has been featured in
"Broad Brush: New Gestural Paintings" by Bridget Carron
(2) Untitled No.07252014 (Beethoven Symphony No.3 'Eroica') has been featured in
"Spotlight on Asia" by Bridget Carron
(3) Untitled No.11082015 (Beethoven Symphony No.9) has been featured in
"New Abstract Expressionism" by Katherine Henning