Ralph Paquin is an American-born contemporary sculptor. He received a MFA in ceramics from Cranbrook Academy of the Arts, where he studied under world-renowned ceramicist Jun Kaneko. After Cranbrook, Paquin shifted into large-scale artworks conceptually based on the “human condition”. He has held large-scale installations at a number of venues including MIT, MediaLab, and Artist’s Space Gallery in NYC. Over the past 10 years Paquin has been researching new media and processes. His sculpture and works on paper moved dramatically toward anthropomorphically reduced forms and shapes. Paquin’s current series entitled “Genes & Chromosomes” is a meaningful play on genetics and includes organomorphic shapes made into essentialist forms. Paquin currently maintains a 10,000 sqft. sculpture & drawing studio.
Cranbrook Academy of Art - MFA
University of Massachusetts - Dartmouth - BFA
S E L E C T E D E X H I B I T I O N S
• SOFA Expo, Chicago, IL 2018
• ArtFields, Lake City, SC 2017
• Elizabeth Stone Harper Gallery, Clinton, SC 2017
• Wiregrass Museum of Art, B16: Biennial Exhibition, Dothan , AL 2016
• Bill Lowe Gallery, Atlanta, GA, 2014-15
• Midtown Artery Gallery, Greenville, SC 2014
• Spartanburg Art Museum Guild Gallery, Spartanburg, SC, 2013
• Guizhou University Art Gallery, Guiyang, China, 2008
• Carolina Art Gallery, Award recipient, regional, 2010
• Presbytertian College, Art exhibition, 2010
• Greenville Museum of Art, Greenville, SC, 2005
• Carolina Gallery, S.A.G,.Best of Drawing/Painting, 2010
• Harper Center Art Gallery, Art Faculty Exhibit, 2010
• Harper Center Gallery, P.C. one person sabbatical exhibit, 2008
• Guizhou University ART GALLERY, Guiyang, China, 2008
• Greenville Museum of Art, Greenville, SC 2005
• National Sculpture Invitational, Arts and Artists Org., Wash Univ., St. Louis, MO. 2003
• Fallen Trees, Public Sculpture Invitational, Wofford College, Spartanburg, SC, 2003
• Merideth College, Outdoor Sculpture Exhibition, Tri-State Sculpture Org., Sept. 2003
• Ceramics Invitational,Brunswilker Pavilion, Keil, Germany, 2002
• Sculpture Invitational, Converse College, Milliken Gallery, Spartanburg, SC, 2002
• Joie Lassiter Gallery at , Charlotte,N.C.
• SC Clay 2001, Invitational , U.S.C., Columbia, S.C.
• Herman Miller Design Yard, Invitational, Detroit, MI
• Spartanburg Museum of Art, one person, Spartanburg, S.C.
• The Langenfeld Gallery, Ceramics Invitational, Langenfeld, Austria
• Greensboro Art Museum, Sculpture Invitational, Greensboro, N.C.
• Fayetteville Museum of Art, Sculpture Invitational, Fayetteville, N.C.
• Greenville Museum of Art, Invitational, Greenville, S.C.
• Cranbrook Museum of Art, Alumni Invitational, MI.
• Elizabeth Harper Stone Gallery, Collaborative Installation, S.C.
• Gallery 522, S.C.
• Ohio State University, Visiting Artists Exhibition, Columbus, OH.
• Artist’s Space, Collaborative Installation, New York City
• Boston Center for the Arts, Collaborative Installation, MA.
• List Visual Art Center, M.I.T., Collaborative Installation, Boston, MA.
• Brockton Museum of Art, Invitational, Brockton, MA.
• Herman Miller Gallery, Invitational, New York City
• Newport Art Museum, Installation, one person, Newport, R.I.
• Robert Kidd Gallery, Invitational, Bloomfield Hills, MI.
• Park West Gallery, Invitational, Detroit, MI.
• Contemporary Art Institute of Detroit, Sites 1-2-3, Invitational, Detroit, MI.