Richard S. Chow is an award winning photographer, who focuses on documentary, aesthetic and fine art images. He exhibits extensively in solo & juried shows across the US. His body of work is internationally published and featured in private and public collections, and is part of the permanent collection for the American Hotel in Los Angeles. In 2019, Richard was selected by Peerspace as 1 of the 7 Best Fine Art photographers in Los Angeles.
Richard is honored to exhibit at major museum and galleries including notable solos at the Museum of Art and History (MOAH) Lancaster, Neutra Institute Gallery, Metro 417 Gallery, and the Orange Coast College. Recent group shows include the Florida Museum of Photographic Arts (FMoPA), the Griffin Museum in Boston, Gallery 825, Los Angeles Center of Photography, Gloria Delson Contemporary Arts, Bergamot Station galleries, and others. Richard has earned recognition in Lucie Foundation’s annual International Photography Awards (IPA) six years running from 2013 to 2018.
He is the co-producer & curator for Open Show Los Angeles whose mission is to enable dialog between visual artists, collectors & industry enthusiasts. Additionally, he is on the Peer Review Panel at California Art Council in Sacramento. He started to lead photography workshops in 2019, published two books, and has moderated panel discussions, reviewed photographic books and has curated exhibitions.
Richard is represented by United Photographic Artists Gallery (UPA) in Tampa FL; bG-Gestalt Gallery in Santa Monica. His work can be purchased at Saatchi Art. He lives and works in Los Angeles. His many portfolios can be viewed at www.richardschow.com.
- Exhibits and featured artist at Gallery 825 / LA Art Association (LAAA), West Hollywood, CA. July to Sept.
- Spectrum 7, bG Gallery / Gestalt Projects, Santa Monica CA, June 20 - Aug 21
- LACP Creative Portrait Exhibit, juried by Paul Kopekin of Paul Kopekin Gallery, June 1 - July 15
Exhibits in 2020:
- MOAH Cedar, Museum of Art and History Lancaster, 35th annual open juried exhibit, 5/23-6/28
- California Love, Hive Gallery, DTLA, 3/7-6/1
- Petit Work, online exhibit, LAAA Gallery 825
- LACP Creative Portrait Exhibit, created by Paul Kopekin, TBD
- LACP (LA Center of Photography) Alumni Show, TBD
- Greyscale, bG Gallery, Santa Monica CA, Spring 2021