São Paulo based artist, SaFe Art (b.1979) has been developing his unique style over the past years. Self-taught artist, he was heavily influenced, in his early career, by japanese woodblock prints and expressionist artists like Monet and Cézanne.
For more than +12 years, SaFe Art has been using free and spontaneous brushstrokes to create a language of its own, whose central objective is to capture on screen the spontaneous beauty of art as an object of contemplation.
He developed his own style using these brushstrokes to create a new abstract language. His paintings are characterized by a raw energy through paint drips and the unexpected use of collage and other materials.
"I always try to convey beauty in my art, which sometimes questions what modern and contemporary art really is".
His favorite contemporary artists include Damien Hirst, Ai WeiWei, Yayoi Kusama and the famous german artist Gerhard Richter.
• 2016 – 2019: MBA in Finance, Insper, São Paulo, Brazil
• 1999 – 2003: BA Economics, UNA University Center, Brazil
• 2000 – 2019: Books, museum's and gallery's visit and summer courses.
• 2016: AMCHAM SP, Permanent Exhibition, SP, Brazil
• 2014: SP ARTE - Contemporary Art Fair, SP, Brazil
• 2010: Brazilian Central Bank Exhibition, BH, Brazil
• 2010: III Artwork Competition - São Jose do Rio Preto, SP, Brazil (https://www.riopreto.sp.gov.br/3028/)