Toni was born in 1979 and now works from her studio in Bristol England. She works mainly in oil on canvas or linen. ......
"As flickers of starlight in a constellation of living bodies, the figures in my paintings are solitary, but not alone. The inward moment they are captured in; their form fusing with paint, marks and textures, acts as a portal to spaces behind knowledge, a sensory sea of feeling, a self beneath our belief of the self. Us, simultaneously set in consciousness and clay.
Symbolised in paint are the comforting and familiar objects which reveal themselves through the haze of daily life. A repetition of natural reminders cutting through a technology-driven Age. The horizon in your periphery as you travel. The tree you see every morning unrewardingly standing as the backbone to your inner monologue. City lights floating on water at night, flowers scattered like fallen stars on the land, silhouettes of hills behind buildings, birds, blossom, branches, our own personal talismans of nature and living. Motifs and markers that guide us subliminally.
And like the movement of migrating birds we connect. Our dreams and designs launching into the cosmos, gravitating towards kin, leaving invisible threads with which to weave a life.
These themes are the crux of my work, meandering across the territory of the Human Condition, exploring the constant dialogue, contrasts and tensions between the lives we lead and the lives we feel, our outer and inner worlds, the spaces between the parts. Exploring our individuation as well as our innate connections to nature, time and ultimately to each other. Telling the story of us from the inside out, through painting. Somewhere between a wish and a call to arms."
Sign up to my newsletter, details on my website www.toni-art.co.uk
EducationBath School of Art, BA Hons in Fine Art, Painting, 2002University of the West of England, Foundation Diploma in Art & Design, 1999.
Sign up for my monthly Newsletter of art and writings and to stay informed of events here.....
• 2020 Aurum Gallery Opening Show, Aurum Gallery, Bangkok, Thailand
• 2020 Artist in Focus at Sarah Wiseman Gallery, Oxford, January
• 2019 Art Pistol Gallery Winter Exhibition, Glasgow, Scotland Nov / Dec 2019
• 2019 Edinburgh Art Fair, with The Art Agency, Stand D14, 21st - 24th Nov 2019
• 2019 Black Swan Arts Open 2019, Black Swan Arts, Frome
• 2019 The Anonymous heART Project, Heart Research UK Auction & 1-day exhibition at Northern Ballet, Leeds
• 2019 Fresh Art Fair, Ascot, With The Art Agency Gallery
• 2019 Cass Art Live Art Event and Exhibition, Cass Art, Park Street, Bristol,
• 2019 Group Exhibition 19th August - 1st September, Cass Art Art space
• 2019 Art on the Mind 2019, Exhibition and auction at Proud Galleries, London for Cardboard Citizens
• 2019 Surrey Art Fair, The Art Agency, Esher Surrey
• 2018 Art Car Boot Fair, London. Russian Dolls for auction with Art on a Postcard, for Hepatitis C Trust
• 2018 Artime Launch Exhibition, Bristol July 2018
• 2018 Art On The Mind exhibition and Charity Auction at 10 Hanover gallery, Mayfair, London for Cardboard Citizens
• 2018 2 Person Exhibition, Psyche, Dreams and Spaces, Gallery & Barrow, Bath
• 2017 Buy Art Fair, Manchester, Represented by Gallery & Barrow
• Longlisted for Anthology 2017 at Charlie Smith London
• 2017 Late Summer Exhibition, McAllister Thomas, Godalming Surrey
• 2017 Summer Exhibition, McAllister Thomas, Godalming Surrey
• 2017 Fresh Art Fair with New Blood Art, Cheltenham
• 2017 The Spring Exhibition McAllister Thomas Gallery, Godalming, Surrey
• 2017 4 person exhibition, Identities. Sarah Wiseman Gallery, Oxford.
• 2017 A Winter Collection, McAllister Thomas Godalming, Surrey.
• 2016 Art on A Postcard Secret Auction, Hepatitis C Trust, Maddox Gallery, Mayfair London
• 2016 Moniker Art Fair, Art On A Postcard lottery, London
• 2016 Clifton Fine Art new space launch Exhibition, September, Bristol
• 2016 Summer Exhibition, McAllister Thomas, Godalming Surrey,
• 2016 Affordable Art Fair Hampstead Heath, with Edgar Modern
• 2016 ‘Looking To The Stars’ Group show, The Hornshaw Gallery, @Brick Lane Gallery (Annexe) London
• 2016 Écriture Féminine, Edgar Modern Gallery, Bath.
• 2015 RWA 163rd Open Exhibition, Royal West of England Academy, Bristol,
• 2015 Summer Exhibition, Edgar Modern Gallery, Bath,
• 2015 Affordable Art Fair, Hampstead Heath London, With Edgar Modern Gallery
• 2014 / 15 Black Swan Open 2014, Frome, Somerset.
• 2014 ‘Divine, Define, Feminine’. LondonArt, 20-22 Grove Vale East, SE22 8EF, London.
• 2013 ‘Something Special’ Art auction & exhibition in aid of Joss Searchlight, Blackall Studios, Shoreditch, London.
• 2012 Outside the Square gallery Group show, Margate, Kent
• 2012 Black Swan Open Art 2012, Black Swan Arts, Frome
• 2011 Unsigned Charity Art show & Auction, View Gallery, Bristol
• 2010 - RWA Friends Exhibition, RWA Clifton Bristol (2D Selectors’ Choice Winner)
• 2009 - RWA Friends Exhibition, RWA Bristol
• 2008- 14th December 2008- RWA Friends Exhibition
• 2006 The Holburne Contemporary Portrait Prize at The Holburne Museum of Art, Bath
• 2006 'Identity' Group show at Clarion Contemporary Art, London.
• 2006 - 'Bright Days', The Wonderwall Gallery, Cirencester.
• 2005 'Invited Artist' Malvern Theatres,Curated by The Cowleigh Gallery, Malvern.
• 2005 - 'Figure and Space',Clarion Contemporary Art, London,
• 2004 - RWA 152nd Autumn Open Exhibition, Royal West of England Academy,Bristol
• 2003 - RWA 151st Autumn Open Exhibition, Royal West of England Academy, Bristol.
• 2003 - The Daily Mail's 'Not The Turner Prize' Finalist Show, Mall Gallery, London,
• 2002 - RWA Friends Exhibition, RWA, Bristol,
• 2002 - 'Comma' Works from Bath School of Art, Truman Brewery, Brick Lane, London, .
• 2002 - Bath School of Art Degree Show, Bath Spa University