Add to Favorites
Size: 20.1 W x 20.1 H x 1.6 in
Ships in a Crate
7 day money-back guarantee
Artist featured in a collection
Sculpture: Wax, Rubber, Paint, Marble on Wood.
Juxtaposing traditional approaches to painting with unique materials, Robausch uses industrial synthetic wax, marble dust, oil paint, polyethylene foam and Masonite as part of his painting process, casting and embossing his chosen shapes and forms before painting in them. In the process of cooling down, the fluid artwork changes to a heavy and very solid structure with a cracked, fragile impression.
Robausch describes his work as “At 260 degrees Celsius it is a diaphanous painting, cooling down it is a diaphanous sculpture. And the powerful act of this morphogenesis is recorded in cracks, ridges and craters. This transformation from hot liquid to cold, solid matter emanates a special presence."
▪ 51 H x 51 W x 4 cm. 4.4 kg
▪ 20 H x 20 W x 1.6 in, 9.7 lb
▪ Unique combination of oil paint, marble dust, translucent synthetic wax, polyethylene foam and Masonite
▪ Traces of the cooling process from +260° Celsius down to -20° Celsius : ridges, craters and cracks
▪ The used synthetic wax has a very high melting point, sun and high room temperatures do not affect the artwork.
▪ It has wax-like characteristics but is very hard and scratch resistant.
▪ The surface with its ridges, craters and cracks looks different depending on the light and the angle of view.
▪ This work comes signed by the artist on the side of the sculpture and is accompanied by a certificate of authenticity.
▪ Will be shipped in a protective crate
▪ Easy to hang
Artist featured by Saatchi Art in a collection