Amita is self taught artist living in India and working from her studio based in her home in India. She graduated with a Bachelors degree in Information Technology and started working, but continued to paint on the side. She knew it wasn't meant for her. So she left her job, and started her art journey full time.
She likes painting abstract landscapes, sunsets and lily pads. She works mostly in acrylics, but also uses oils and pastels sometimes. Her painting creates a personal connection filled with emotion, left to interpretation. She captures images of sunset where ever she goes, and then portray them onto canvas with her touch of abstraction. Abstracts give her a chance to dive deep into inspirations, intuitions and imagination.
Recently, she found her liking for miniature painting and is really loving doing so.
She believes being a self taught artist, gives her ways to explore different subjects and styles. Painting is never ending learning process and she feels like she's a student lifelong, forever experimenting.
Her paintings have found happy homes in UK, USA, Australia, Sweden, France and India and she hopes to add more to her list.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Bachelor of Engineering (IT)
- Kala Spandan Art Fair 2018 (23 Nov - 26 Nov) at Nehru
Centre, Mumbai, India
- Chitra Jatre Street Art Fair, 9th Dec 2018 at Belgaum,
- Chitra Santhe Street Art Fair, 6th January at Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
- Chitra Santhe Street Art Fair, 5th January 2020 at Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
- FINEXT Award & National Exhibition of MINI-ARTWORK-2020 (5th-6th January)
- “EIA 2019” EMERGING INDIAN ARTISTS by Kalanirwana International art center (26-28 January,2020)
- Chitra Santhe Online exhibition(5th Jan - 5th Feb 2021)