Extraordinary and absolutely stunning paintings by JABLONSKA have successfully amazed over years. The very unique technique of putting further layers of materials (silk, nylon, chiffon, tulle) between two blocks of glass closed off with perfect touch of aluminum frame create the spectacular piece of art. Transparency of the painting allow for unlimited display options - against the wall, window or any free space with the illumination from any angle to strengthen the experience.
On another level, transparency enables to see beyond the obvious, hence change of background can be so critical to the experience on each individual viewer. The arrangement in open space where the viewer can directly interact with the painting allows for creative interpretation and a complete change of initial perspective. That is the reason why JABLONSKA will always stay fresh and full of surprises.
JABLONSKA as an artist has set herself a goal to create a new technique to revolutionise the way we perceive art of paintings and this has certainly been achieved in her work.
JABLONSKA Małgorzata, MA Fine Art from Academy of Fine Arts in Warsaw (1990-1995). Dissertation under supervision of Prof. Jacek Dyrzyński on the subject of ‘Wiedza o dzialaniach I strukturach wizualnych’ (direct translation: In depth knowledge of actions and visual structure).
Ongoing solo exhibition
IMPRINTS OF REALITY
2118 8 th St NW Washington D.C. 20001
1. SELF-PORTRAITS, Kitchen Sculpture Gallery, Warsaw, Poland, 1997
8. EVOLUTION RE-Evolution, Center of Art in Konin, Konin, Poland, 2016
9. VERNISSAGE I WRITTAGE, Villa Otwock, Otwock, Poland, 2016
10. SENSITIVE PLACES – Fibre art debuts, Association of Polish Artists - Związek Polskich Artystów Plastyków, Warsaw, Poland, 2017
11. ABOVE THE POOL – 45 years anniversary Polish Academy of Science, Celestynów, Poland, 2017
12. Imprints of reality - FOUNDRY GALLERY, wASHINGTON D.C.
1. GROUP SHOW OF VISUAL ART DEPARTMENT, WHITE GALLERY, Lublin, Poland, 1992
2. WORKSHOP, Pro-Arte-Pax, Elbląg, Poland, 1993
3. MEETINGS 92, Galerie In der Fabrik, Nurtingen, Germany, 1992
4. ATELIER 59, State Gallery of Contemporary Art, Włocławek, Poland, 1993
5. OBJECTS, Aspekty Gallery, Warsaw, Poland, 1993
6. PAINTING IN SPACE, Art-Historical Museum, Kaliningrad, Russia, 1993
7. IDEAS BEYOND IDEOLOGY, Warsaw Contemporary Art Centre, Poland, 1993
8. DIPLOMA 95, ASP Museum, Warsaw, Poland, 1995
9. ASP DIPLOMA, BWA, Warsaw, Poland, 1995
10. DIFFERENT VOICES, NEW ART FROM POLAND – Sheldon Memorial Art Gallery, Polish Muzeum of America, Salina Art Center, Bowling Green State University, Kent State University Museum, Consulate of the Republic of Poland, New York, USA, 1998-2000
11. 40 JUBILEE OF CENTRAL TEXTILE MUSEUM, Łódź, Poland, 2000