View In A Room
Add to Favorites
VIEW IN MY ROOM
VIEW IN MY ROOM
Painting: Gouache, Watercolor on Cardboard.
Greek folk tale
One day, three brothers went to work in foreign lands. They went on for a long time until they reached the well. They sat down to rest when they saw - a grandfather with a horse is hounding.
- - Hello guys! He said.
- "Hello," the brothers replied.
- “Sit down with us, eat with us,” says the younger brother.
And he cut off his grandfather's slice of bread.
My grandfather sat with his brothers. And around the crows - the power is great! Grandpa also asks his older brother:
- What would you like now?
-"To make all the ravens sheep and belong to me," he replied.
- Fine! Says the grandfather. "And if a poor man passes through this land, will you feed him?
- "- Of course! I'll give milk, meat, cheese, whatever he wants.
The grandfather hit the ground with the sheep. All the way around.
His older brother built a house and began to live in it. And the two siblings went on.
When he was in the woods, his grandfather asked the middle man:
- And what would you like to have?
- - I want all oaks to become olive trees and belong to me.
- "Let it be yours," said the grandfather.
- - Why not? Said the guy.
The grandfather hit the ground and the oaks became olive trees.
The average brother stayed here to live. He traded in oil and olives.
Grandfather and younger brother moved on. At the crossroads, near the well, sat down for a rest.
- - What are you not asking for? Asked the boy's grandfather.
- - I, my grandfather, would like to always have honey in the well.
- - And you will give to the needy?
- - I'll give!
The grandfather hit the ground and the well was filled with honey.
So his younger brother settled at a crossroads. He lived in prosperity and helped poor people.
And my grandfather went his own way.
The time has passed. Somehow, a smaller one decided to visit the brothers. Has come to average, and there are still growing oaks. Went to older brother. Looks - and only crows fly around.
The younger brother was lost.
This is where the same grandfather came from.
- See? He said. "Your promises have not been fulfilled. They didn't share with the poor ... So I took everything from them: olives and sheep. Only you kept the words. So let you live well!
Motto: Holy Fathers of Alms